• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE CES 2018: New AMD Ryzen+ and VEGA APUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

This week at CES 2018, AMD*announced that their upcoming Ryzen/Vega based APUs and Ryzen+ desktop CPUs will be available in early 2018. Last year at this time AMD was preparing to launch the initial Ryzen CPU based on a newly designed "ZEN" core, promising big leaps in IPC and power savings over the previous generation. They definitely delivered on that promise albeit with a few growing pains. It has taken most of the last year to work out the kinks but that can be expected with a fully overhauled platform.

Click here to view the article.

I couldn't wait and I got Ryzen 1200 today but maybe I will sell it in ~2 months and get one of these APUs. Current gen of APUs is pathetic, I don't know on what is AMD waiting for so long.

The APU should be out in early February Woomack, that was the info I had. IIRC they said the 12th

I couldn't wait and I got Ryzen 1200 today but maybe I will sell it in ~2 months and get one of these APUs. Current gen of APUs is pathetic, I don't know on what is AMD waiting for so long.
Totally satisfied with my 1600X purchase a couple weeks ago. Like you said, when the new ones come out I can sell it and get one of the new ones.

This is the latest I have seen floating around Woomack. You're gonna have to wait and see for benchmarks.
AHiRaiXL6txUfjlo.jpg

I'm excited to see everything that is due to be released, but I'm very interested to see how the new APUs will do with DDR4 on top of being all around better than previous APUs.

Zen+ APU's in a couple weeks and Zen+ Desktops in 3 months, huh?

I may upgrade again in April (dammit!)

Had a professor say with some confidence we'd never see sub-14nm on silicon, and now AMD is predicting they'd have half that size next year. My life is a lie...

But hey may use the new APUs as an excuse to pop out an HTPC to replace the Steam Link/Amazon FireTV in the living room for s**ts and giggles. The Steam Link lags too much over wifi, even after upgrading my router, and the FireTV also has it's own share of general hiccups.

Back