• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check out my new toy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought this would be a good place.

I got in on a smokin' good deal from IBM using the Employee Purchase Program (EPP) - even though I don't work for IBM. ;)

Check the specs!

ThinkPad R50p
Part# 183222U
$1,599.00

System specifications:
Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.70GHz
IBM a/b/g WiFi wireless
Microsoft® Windows® XP® Professional
Bluetooth™ wireless
15"UXGA-IPS (1600x1200) Display
128MB ATI® Mobility™ FireGL™ T2 Graphics
512MB DDR SDRAM
60GB Ultra HS HDD (7200 rpm)
Ultrabay Enhanced Multi-Burner
Integrated Gigabit Ethernet and modem
5 hr Li-Ion battery life
IBM Access Connections
IBM Rescue and Recovery
3 year system/1 year battery limited warranty

This system is $3499 retail, but they are coming out with a new model so these were on special to employees.

This lappy is one bad mf'er!

Okay, I'll shut up now. I'm just stoked about my purchase. :D

Nice :D

I just picked up my Dell after X-mas, and I love having it.... I'm considering parting out my desktop at the moment since I've discovered that my lappy can do everything my desktop can, and takes up less space.

I hear ya.. I'm going to be gone for the entire month of april, so my poor desktop is going to be without me.

I gotta keep the desktop though. I just love oc'ing too much :)

I can vouch for the R50's, I've got one provided to me from work. Fantastic machine, and the battery life is quite good. I'm not sure that it's five-hours good, but I know I've squeezed four hours from it relatively easily. (surfing, writing in Word, etc)

mtb856 said:
Nice :D

I just picked up my Dell after X-mas, and I love having it.... I'm considering parting out my desktop at the moment since I've discovered that my lappy can do everything my desktop can, and takes up less space.

i wouldn't do that :) no laptop can replace a desktop :) they are just different breed lol

Mine can play HL2 and UT2004, so it does everything that I need it to do :D

I decided to spend the extra money and get a 9600 mobile, and then I installed a gig of ram in it, so I get around 30 FPS in HL2 at all low...... but at least it plays it :attn:

gratz :) been having a Dell lattitude for a long time now and intel M processors are great!! and as u do i cant feel my desktop!

that's much better than my 9000 mobility :), I shouldda spent the extra cash for the graphic card, there's no going back now.

Back