• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chilling water? And using tecs in conjunction with WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats what im talking about, now i need some linkage to some guides,shops etc

im going to do this, ill probably use some tecs on a copper ress with big heatsinks on them, and have some kind of thermostat so it will stay over ambient at all times

its still in the planning process but i will make a post about it when i finally get around to doing it

i dont think that would work as a rad isnt flat you would need a flat plate to slap the tec on, hence my idea with a square or something copper res, just with flat sides

chilled Water on the Cheap

Some 5 years ago I had a mini Fridge sitting around doing nothing. I bought all the parts at hardware store and auto parts store and built a chilled water cooling rig. I drilled small holes in rear of the fridge and had a loop coil of copper sitting in the cooler area. I put the radiator in the small freezer compartment and got my temps down to single digit C. I think it was around 7c. I ran it for several months just for kicks and not one problem. I also had a place next to my computer for cooling drinks and any other food items i wanted.

dont have any pics now though, lost them in a HDD crash.

Back