• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Choosing a Thermal Compound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IAmNiceify

Registered
So wad the choice to pick up with?

Artic Mx4
Artic Ceramique
Artic Silver 5
Artic Articlean Kit
Thermalright Chill factor 2
Noctua Nt-H1 premium
Zalman STG1

Which is the best Among those?

i5 2500k with Noctua NH-U12P @4.3ghz(66,67,68 TEMP)
It suppose to go lower,i believed that the person help me build my rig used Nt H1(premium not premium i dun knw,beside he didn give back the Thermal Compound):mad:

Welcome all people :thup:

Last edited:
I would grab mx2/3/4 or noctuas. AS5 is still good. But it's conductive, not the easiest to spread or remove. And has a cure time. The previously mentioned compound generally performs better, is non conductive, and easier to apply and remove. :/. Also works best straight away. No cure time.

I would grab mx2/3/4 or noctuas. AS5 is still good. But it's conductive, not the easiest to spread or remove. And has a cure time. The previously mentioned compound generally performs better, is non conductive, and easier to apply and remove. :/. Also works best straight away. No cure time.

U sure noctua good? I am using now but temp high(60+ under 70)
And a Cm212 evo can out perform my $100+ cooler?

At first at 3.3ghz is 40(temp) 0% then after restarting 25(temp) 0% and 100% 40temp
Am so happy but after overclock now 4.3ghz 66 67 68.
I aiming for under 60 for my NH-U12P

Pick a TIM that sounds good to you and run with it. If properly applied there's only a delta of 2-4 deg C max between compound. It doesn't make that much different. The key is, regardless of the type of compound, is proper application.

The Noctua stuff is supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't actually tried it. I personally like the Arctic MX2 or MX4. They both work well, are easy to apply and easy to remove too. I've also heard good stuff about the Prolimatech and Zalman products too, so go with what you want. Of the ones you mentioned, the Arctic Silver 5 would be my last choice. It's not conductive, but is slightly capacitive. Plus, it's much harder to clean off than the MX2 or MX4 in my experience too.

The Noctua stuff is supposed to be pretty good, but I haven't actually tried it. I personally like the Arctic MX2 or MX4. They both work well, are easy to apply and easy to remove too. I've also heard good stuff about the Prolimatech and Zalman products too, so go with what you want. Of the ones you mentioned, the Arctic Silver 5 would be my last choice. It's not conductive, but is slightly capacitive. Plus, it's much harder to clean off than the MX2 or MX4 in my experience too.

That's the word. Capacitive.. :p.

AS5 was the baseline for whether a TIM was good or not for MANY years.

IMO, MX4 is now the new baseline. I'd grab MX4, it's like what the Hyper212+ is in heatsinks. Not the best performing, but cheap, effective, and proven over and over again.

Didnt even include Shin-Etsu (readily available at Fry's and online). Great stuff. Been using it for awhile now and aside from ICD, Ive found it to be the best.

Can i use Isopropyl Alcohol 70% with some ear picks(those that u pick your ear)?

Back