• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cinebench on Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Wanting to know if the current version of Cinebench should work on Windows 7 or not?

If not is there either a way to get this going on Windows 7 or does anyone know what version I would need to run it on Windows 7?

Get an error when I try install so I am thinking its only for Windows 10 unless I am missing some sort of prerequisite software.

Cheers,

Bandit.

Great thank you for the reply. Wanting to see how my current system does vs after the CPU upgrade once it arrives in a few days.

That site requires registration and I'm not inclined to do that. Get too much junk email from too many websites as it is. Can you copy and past the relevant data in a post? The 3200G outperforms the 2700X in what kind of computing tasks?

Strange I never registered, I was able to just scroll down and see the numbers.

I should also ask whats the difference between r15 r20 and r23 ?

Would the result be the same regardless of which one I used ? or does r23 push the testing on the CPU more?

Never run this software so trying to understand it. 2700x turned up so will hopefully get a chance to drop that into my system.

Why does this show 3200g performing better than 2700x?

It doesn't. I see highest score for 3200G of 3918 and 11300 for 2700X. There are multiple results for each CPU. I didn't run the site through a translator but I'd assume it was user submitted results or something like that.

I should also ask whats the difference between r15 r20 and r23 ?

Would the result be the same regardless of which one I used ? or does r23 push the testing on the CPU more?

R15 doesn't use AVX instructions so it is more of an old school test. R20 increased the workload size and added some AVX support, so better representative of modern software. I haven't used R23 at all myself, but I understand it now includes a pre-warming element to the test so you get stable temp results, not possibly higher results if the CPU was started from cold. R15 and R20 are very different and scores can't be compared. It is my understanding they changed the scoring in R23 also. In short, only compare same version scores against each other.

I see 3200g 951 score and 2700x 937 on that page.

So now the standard is benching using r23 then? since its newer?

If it is could I bench off a bootable win 10 stick to test using r23, or would it mess with results?

I see 3200g 951 score and 2700x 937 on that page.

Single thread results then. Given the two are the same architecture, the difference probably comes down to one boosting further than the other. Also if you click on individual results, it seems to take you to their forum where the user results were submitted. So these are not controlled tests either. It's whatever some random person got with that CPU.

Yes, probably single core results. There's no way a 3200g will get a higher CB score than a 2700x when all computation cores are engaged.

Thanks for clearing this up, was questioning my decision on the 2700x for a moment there.

Back