• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cleaning the waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Compexpert said:
does all that junk like the green stuff from the copper does that hinder the cooling performance ? cuss my maze 3 has alot green junk in it just wondering

That would be copper oxide....
i dont think it helps temps at all....
is it on the underside of your waterblock, making contact with your CPU?

I belive (could be wrong) that aslong as your dont have copper oxide making contact with your CPU you should be fine.....

If it is building up inside the block, you may have to clean the block out then......

http://www.members.shaw.ca/jordanstella/waterblock/
some quick pics of my ghetto setup

ooooh i see how its so low

what cpu you got in there? and what overclock

on that maze 3 i suggest you not do these methods, maby the vinigar one, becaue the top would blow off..

take the top of and dump vinigar in it?

If you wanted to clean a Maze3 you would be best off taking the top and O ring off. Its not hard to do, and you would have easy access to the inside. Just grab an old toothbrush and scrub away.

its a maze1, so top doesnt come off.
CPU is a celeron 900 @ 1200.... I could do this (ok 1241Mhz)with AIR cooling ....
going to work out the bugs in the water cooler before i push it any further

CPU runns PERFECT at 133FSB and stock Voltage, 1.75Vcore
To get to 138FSB i needed a 1.8Vcore.....
Reasong i Never pushed it any higher was the CPU would not be 100% stable if it went over 42C for a long period of time. This forced me to keep the voltage down.....

SO as long as i can keep the temps low, i have no problem pushing 2.0+ volts throuh this CPU..... (did 2.1-2.3 with a 633@1066 last year, still alive)

Also if I can figure out howe to get 24V I got a Pelt i may try.... and no connection the -12 and +12 does not work....
the -12 doest have the amperage i need (6.4amps total)

How i cleaned the block.....
Butan, butane (caught my pant leg on fire)...
Vinigar for about 2 hours
And butan again to blow and junk the vinigar came up with.....

Seems to have worked.

lol, one time i was welding aluminum with really old raggidy pants, and they cought fire! i didnt notice either!, till someone is like "jon your pants are on fire" hahahaha it went like a foot up the side! WHOA! and burnt a lot of leg hair!

maskedgeek its always fun to set yourself a blaze isnt it :)

Compexpert, vinigar would not blow the top off...
But BUTANE might. I wouldnt try it on a block with a plastic top, only a all metal one, and ones that you cant take apart.

Have you tried Lemon juice?

jay said:

That would be copper oxide....

Nop, copper oxide is black not green ;) .The only green thing in a waterblock (IMO) would be the little guys from Mars repairing the block :))))))))

Back