• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Client mITX Gamer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm really digging the big power in a small case thing, I keep looking at my 4790K, 2x980ti game rig in the haf-x and eyeing my now empty air540.......... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

LOL , I can fit this rig inside my TH10, but building this I am feeling the same way.
May need to build myself one of these pint sized rigs

I have to say it really makes me think of beefing up my mitx rig. It started as a G3258 with the stock cooler using the IGP and went to a 4690K water cooled and 7970 reference cooled. Now to figure out how to squeeze more rad into the case lol.

Anyway that is on pint sized beast there.

Thanks James

yea hate to see it go, just need to finish loading the software cross the T's and dot the I's and it is out of here

Unfortunately my camera completely blows and can not get a good shot on the dark all lit up :(

But looks nice, went with plain white light since there is already a lot of color in the case and components

Has a classic look, not the New Orleans ***** house effect :eek:

Missed again ........... :screwy:

27.JPG

Last edited:
All done !!!

After working with these components I was very pleased with just about everything
The board was solid, useful intuitive software package with a BIOS that is laid out well.
You can also custom set up favorite setting so you do not have to page through
The PMW fan set up is epic , set it up on silent and never looked back.

The card is a good offering from MSI and will make most happy out of the box.
for those who are looking at this card their are a few BIOS's out there that personally I would use over the factory BIOS.

While I did not get a chance to really work with the memory it worked as advertised but did have to update the BIOS on the MB to recognize XMP profile.
Updated and they work flawlessly

The case, not much to say here other that 4.120 support out of the box on a mITX case
solid build quality, attention to detail and drives intergrated very smart
While a tad larger than most mITX solutions I found it to be one of if not the top mITX case out there that supports enthusiast level hardware and water cooling

The EKL240 water cooling kit I can not say enough about and is easily IMO worth the $ 100.00 to $ 120.00 premium over AIO solutions.
It makes entry level custom water cooling easy & fun, everything goes together nice, no way to order the wrong thing or over buy.
In this case it was super easy to integrate an additional rad and GPU block. Doubtful I will look at an AIO solution the same way again.
Especially as they go up in price. Ran a 1 hour block of LinX so you can see 100% load temps at 1.4v

Had lots of fun on the way ,

It will be delivered to the end user at a very conservative 4.2 on the core and 1250/1850 on the GPU ........... lol

I could play with this all day as it is light years better than the typical e-mail/Facebook PC's I build for people around here, but it is time to pack this little beast up and drop it off :(

FS.jpg

2011.jpg

LinX.jpg

What an awesome mighty-mite build! Besides looking simply maaaahvelous, that thing's a beast!

Looks great Witchy. It sure does seem to be a nice case to build a pint sized rig in. Good stuff and thanks for sharing the build.

This was on the last page,

the side panel window is ever so slightly tinted

26.JPG

Last edited:
Back