• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Close all bridges on Athlon XP/Duron with pencil!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
worldworks said:
so the amd Duron 1.600 processor can not be unlock by connecting the L1, is this a true statement?

Yes. If it's locked then you can't unlock it by connecting the L1s, as they're already connected (note that there are a few unlocked, pre-week 39 Durons out there though).

well, i bump this computer as high as it will go and she is running at 12.0x 173.31 =2079.70 according to wcpuid, if she go's higher she locks-up if i could adjust the multiplier i might be able to get a little more speed

thanks for help

Last edited:
i will post this duron 1.600 processor when i get it out to read what on the chip. i will need some help to read whats what. i dont know a thing about the code's.

here's my xp1800+ processor

AMD ATHLON tm
AX1800DMT3C
AGOGA0202SPAW
Y7519740039
1999AMD

AX = AthlonXP
1800 the rating
D = packaging type, organic
M = default voltage, 1.75v
3 = L2 cache size, 256KB
C = default FSB, 266MHz (DDR)
AGOGA = the stepping of the chip
0202 = production date, yyww, '02 week 02.
SPAW = probably the placement of the core on the silicone waffer.
3rd line is the serial number of the chip.

The locking of all current (post 0339 and certain previous weeks in the desktop market, all -64s, all Opterons) is performed by laser cut at the factory and cannot be undone. As dramatically demonstrated by famous (or infamous) experiments the superlocking performed by AMD cannot be undone.

sp are the opterons unlocked or locked? i was under the impression that they where unlocked just the same as the FX-5X line like where they came from...or did AMD now change that also?

Captain Newbie said:
The locking of all current (post 0339 and certain previous weeks in the desktop market, all -64s, all Opterons) is performed by laser cut at the factory and cannot be undone. As dramatically demonstrated by famous (or infamous) experiments the superlocking performed by AMD cannot be undone.

Where did you get that from? The laser cuts on the PCB have nothing to do with the locking, which I thought was demonstrated quite clearly by Hoot :)

Opterons were locked from the very begining. In the A64 line, ONLY the FX is completely unlocked.

The Coolest said:
AX = AthlonXP
1800 the rating
D = packaging type, organic
M = default voltage, 1.75v
3 = L2 cache size, 256KB
C = default FSB, 266MHz (DDR)
AGOGA = the stepping of the chip
0202 = production date, yyww, '02 week 02.
SPAW = probably the placement of the core on the silicone waffer.
3rd line is the serial number of the chip.

thanks for all the info. this has help me out, a thanks go's out to every body for helping me with these oc question and problems, and this computer is at

12.0x 173.31=2079.71 without locking up or some weird happening

watch your temp. and turn up the speed

Back