• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Close Loop Liquid Cooling best option for US$60?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Julio_tech

Registered
Hi everyone,

Im upgrading from a Cooler Master V8, so i want to know wich will be the best option for liquid cooling under that price, i have a FX-8320 Processor and thinking in overclock it a little.

What do you recomend me guys?:confused:

I was thinking about the Corsair H60i.

Last edited:
You won't get an AIO worth having for $60.
Stick to air, an NH-D14 would be nice for you.

Yep that or a Phanteks cooler would be nice for that price range and they will outperform the h60

I beg to differ, I picked up a Corsair H100 a while back for $45. Worked great.

You can get them used on ebay for $45-70 in working order usually.

I beg to differ, I picked up a Corsair H100 a while back for $45. Worked great.

You can get them used on ebay for $45-70 in working order usually.

I wouldn't trust an AIO without a full manufacturer warranty.

I wouldn't trust an AIO without a full manufacturer warranty.

With that and the fact that even the best AIO's are barely better than good air coolers, I say just stick to air. If you want WC temps, then go WC (put up them money). If you want air temps, stick to air.

i had a corsair A50 and then changed over to an H55 and they are very close with cooling, maybe the h55 dropped temps like 3*C but not much to speak of. I did it mostly just for the cool factor and it looks more neat in the case. (and a h100 wouldn't fit my case)

i think i can up the money range a little and get a H100i, i see it on amazon at US$100 new, it wort the money?

Not really. The Noctua or Phanteks coolers mentioned earlier will have less chance of breaking, be immensely quieter, and cheaper.
They'll only sacrifice 1-2°C performance, which difference in a good application of TIM causes more variance than 2°C.

idk my opinion the "cool factor" and how much cleaner it makes your case look is worth it.
doubt 1-2* is really going to kill you either way.

I would weight the "more reliable, quieter, and cheaper" part higher than looking cool.

With that and the fact that even the best AIO's are barely better than good air coolers, I say just stick to air. If you want WC temps, then go WC (put up them money). If you want air temps, stick to air.
Top air is much cooler than CLC at same noise level.
i think i can up the money range a little and get a H100i, i see it on amazon at US$100 new, it wort the money?
H100i is 4-6 times as loud at same temps at top air.
I would weight the "more reliable, quieter, and cheaper" part higher than looking cool.
Indeed.
There are some nice looking air coolers.. like bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Silver Arrow IB-E with TY-147 fans.

Back