• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cm stacker psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anothermbdusted

i have a older cm stacker and im looking for a new psu for it. I currently have a OCZ modstream 520w and it does the job for the currect build but one thing i have never liked about it is that the cables are WAY to stiff and not long enough to reallly hide very well. so since im building a new system i figured i would get a new psu to go with it...

DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS 775 RT
corsair 2x1gig ddr2 1066 dominator memory
intel q6600
7800gt for now
2 dvd drives
3 hard drives
1 floppy drive
i also have the MB fan in my case that long one that goes sideways (top to bottom)

i would like a modular one if its got longer wires and easy to bend them around corners and such. if not then what ever kind is good also. thanks for reading.post some pics if you got them thanks

i was looking at that one. just didnt know how the cables were if they were long enough or flexable enogh also. anyone got any other suggestions? dont matter if modular or not just prefer one is all..

For my CM Stacker I wish I had gotten a modular PSU .. There isn't much space at the top of the case for hiding cables .. For cable routing behind the mobo tray I had to also cut the sleeving and flatten the wiring to make it fit .. You want a PSU with cables that can be grouped together and routed otherwise it'll look a mess ..

i didnt have too much trouble with my silverstone da650 in my stacker... prior to it the stacker had an OCZ psu. the OCZ was harder to hide the wires because it wasnt modular like the silverstone. i had my system mounted in the reverse atx style which put my mobo's 8pin down at the bottom of the case. the 8 pin on both of my psu's was just long enough to run behind the motherboard and attach to the connector

I second the Corsair HX series. I have the same case as you and got the HX 620 for my latest build and can't be happier. I came from the modstream as well and know exactly what you talking about with the stiff cables. The Hx cables are a night and day difference from the OCZ ones. The main system cables on the HX are a smaller bundle so they turn tighter and hide better. The other cables are flat and flexible and of course modular. Made a big difference when it came time to hide them over that OCZ octopus.

Back