• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Codemasters "GRID"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A love/hate relationship for me. While this is the most fun I've had on a PC racer, some gameplay issues utterly destroy it.

Whenever I run the 24 hours of Le Mans rage, at about the 12-8 minutes left mark, the game absolutely dies. FRAPS says my FPS doesn't drop but it seems like the game is going at about 1-3 frames per second. Ive tried lowering the graphics settings and turning AA off but to no avail. Also tried without overclocking. I can't see how it would be hardware issue, I have the latest drivers and my temps are in check. Looking around on google a few other are having this problem, although there's no solution. I have just been entering and retiring the le mans race so my teammate can try and win it but I really love racing this course.

If anyone has any ideas on this issue id love to know. Otherwise its a great game, the graphics look stunning maxed and the damage models are top notch.

EDIT: One last thing, the lag seems to lighten up the further I get away from my competitors.

Ah ha tried it again this morning. Forgot I didn't need a kit for the PC since I have 1 wired 360 Controller. Worked great, and everything.

Cranked the res up to 1920x1200, thought I had everything set before for "high res" but didn't seem right when I was racing and getting 130-220FPS, so went back to settings cranked it up MSAA 8x, everything on high, or ultra, no v-sync.

Was scrapping 70-90 FPS, with crashes, and me doing doughnuts in the road getting into the 40's. Hehe excellent. Gotta make sure I got the latest patches for this beast now.

Any ideas on how that could be fixed?

Do you have speedstep enabled? I know its on my PC right now and I tried tabbing out to check temps on my GPU's and when I went back I was getting 1-3FPS if lucky. When I tabbed out it enabled SS and dropped my clocks but went back up when I entered the game. Might be an issue with that, where somehow it just enabled SS for the heck of it.

Wow, I went from an e6750 and 8800gtx to an e8400 and 4870.. now I have the issue where the game 'micro-stutters', then catches up to itself. Way to go new hardware.. BS!

Micro-stuttering is a CF/SLI problem, don't see how it could happen on a single card.

It does it to me on occasion also on a single card. Annoying but not enough to keep me from playing or really effect my gameplay.

Maybe micro-stuttering is not the word for this then.

There is definitely a problem, its like the game is going into slow motiopn, then catching back up with itself. But it does it very smoothly.

and im running a single gpu

It does it to me on occasion also on a single card. Annoying but not enough to keep me from playing or really effect my gameplay.

Its not teh correct term then on a single card. Microstuttering came with CF and SLI. It happens when there is a disconnect in how the frames are synced togeather from two or more cards.

There is another issue pertaining to that, but MS more or less can't happen with 1 card since its the only one doing the renderings.

Freaking game is like Crysis or better in looks, I don't know but I've never seen anything like it

My little brother's rig can run it fine 4xAA everyting high at 1680x1050 40FPS Avg. which is mind blowing

If you have trouble go to the support forums

Last edited:
I think there is a way to use the PS3 controller with the computer to. I'll see if i can find it. or just google it.

Back