• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CODES (abridged)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SPD010273 said:
Do you know where one could find the 'stock' multipliers of each of these... I know a pally is some where around a 10.5.....

find out your processor's speed, find out its fsb, use frequency to divide fsb:

XP2000+: 1663Mhz, 133FSB, 1663/133 = 12.5x multiplier.

10.5 x 133 = 1400Mhz, PR of 1600+.

c627627 said:

1600+: DLT3C T-Bred A; DUT3C T-Bred B (rarely seen)
1700+: DLT3C T-Bred A; DLT3C & DUT3C T-Bred B
1800+: DLT3C T-Bred A; DLT3C & DUT3C T-Bred B
1900+: DLT3C T-Bred A; DLT3C & DUT3C T-Bred B

typo correction: at least i think, im not sure though, and this couldve been said before, but there is ALOT of stuff to read thorugh in this thread.

anyways, arent all tbread A DUT3C and not DLT3C?

well, just something i noticed, i could be mistaken though.

OMG! c627627, felinusz,hitechjb1,OC Detective, Gautam , and L337 M33P!

apparently ive entered the domain of the big boys! :eek: *modenaf1 tells helmsman to reverse course at warp 9.9*

To the contrary, many members were [Mike Tyson] ecstatic [/Mike Tyson] to have received a DLT3C only to find out that the last letter of the stepping code is 'A' making it a DLT3C T-Bred A.

DLT3C is Package Type, Operating Voltage, Max Die Temperature, Cache, and System Bus.

It's the second and the last letter of the stepping code that tells you about the core:

Last letter B? T-Bred B.
Last letter A? T-Bred A unless the second letter is Q, making it a Barton or a Thorton and not a T-Bred at all.

Last edited:
well, what i was saying was that i never knew the older tbred A's ran on 1.5VCORE, hence the D'L'T3C. Or maybe now they make tbread A's on 1.5vcore. anyways, all that i am saying is that im pretty sure there was 1.6V and 1.65 V tbread A.

-f1
:)

So allow me to try and de-confuse myself here on the
Last letter B? T-Bred B.
Last letter A? T-Bred A unless the second letter is Q, making it a Barton or a Thor(n)ton and not a T-Bred at all.
bit. I am a bit confused as to which letter you refer to (although I'm pretty certain as I have two T-Bred 'B's...), and I'm also really curious as to what a Thornton is and how they clock - if they are common enough to have a good result spread umong many overclockers.

As an example is this code a T-Bred 'A' or a 'B'?
AXDA JIUHB DLT3C WPMW 0310

Are we talking about the 'A' in AXDA or is it the JIUHB 'B' that is the "last letter" in question? Sorry for the dumb question ;)

I am also wondering if any of you have an interpretation of the "new" steppings - I.E.

I have a processor stepped DLT3C JIXIB here, with a bizarre X and an I instead of the typipical H. We are also seeing NIUHB, and KIUHB DLT3C processors.

And another question - does this "wafer integrity" theory mean that the higher "PR rated" Processors in the same family as the 1700/1800s will actually react much differently to voltage, and overclock lower/higher (which one?) as a result? That they in fact behave "properly" as a 0.13 micron process processor?

Last edited:
JIUH>>>B<<< is Thoroughbred B. That's the stepping code in question. If it ended in A it would have ben a T-Bred A unless the second letter was 'Q'.

Forums are filled with disapponted DLT3C T-Bred A owners.

Interestingly and coincidentally, right now, the very top thread in this section is from one of them:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=236943

k...Just bought the XP3200+ and here are the codes on the chip can anyone tell what they mean pls.............B

AXDA 3200DKV4E Y831643280077

AQXDA 0315WPEW

AXDA is something that means that is a Barton/Tbred
3200 is the PR rating
D is package type
K is the nominal voltage
V is max case temp
4 = 512KB of L2 cache (3 = 256, 2 = 128 non existant, 1 = 64kb)
E = 200MHz FSB (D = 166, C = 133, B = 100)
AQXDA is the stepping, and its pretty old one as well. but as its a 3200+ the chip should have *some* headroom for OC. 0315 is the production date (when the core got "sticked" to the package) 03 is the year 15 is the week, the rest of the code is what kind of silicon waffer they were using or something like that.
Hope this helps

c627627, you might want to update this thread. a friend and i had identical xp2500s. both were AQXEA 0331TPAW. they were by far the worst overclocking bartons i've ever seen. they couldn't do 200x11 at any voltage stable. i tried from default up to 1.9. only at 1.9 was i able to boot and even then i got a bsod before windows had finished loading. his also had similar results and he has same mobo and high end ocz pc3200. each of us are running 2.2-2.3ghz with our current bartons.

if in your experience xPAW are good then this is certainly a huge exception.

The disclaimers about the second part were always there cujo, but as there are more and more examples, you're right, the question about completely deleting the second part of the first post is legitimate.

I PM'd Gautam, here are his thoughts:
I don't really know what to believe about the third letter anymore. I still can't say that I've ever seen an X do well, but that's just me. But Cujo isn't the only one who has a poor A. I can't deny that many AQXEA xPAW's do rather crappily. How do I account for this? I can't, and neither can anyone else on these forums. Don't necessarily delete it, but don't make it appear as if its a known fact. I believe that I was slightly incorrect, but I did have evidence for my beliefs. They're only beliefs, though, nothing more.

I decided to just put even more disclaimers but to leave everything for reference.

that's cool. i must say we were both kinda disappointed but thankfully we had buyers lined up so no money lost.

my gfs machine is down right now so i grabbed her AQXEA 0334SPMW. haven't had much chance to play with it as her mobo is a msi kt6 so we'll see how she does in mine.

Back