• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Colour error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

styer27

Hi guys,
Im having problems with my cpu colour settings. My screen is very green. First thing i done was change the colour settings in the colour management section, i adjusted the rgb and made it look somewhat normal, this solved the problem for casual browsing, but i hit a stump when starting some games, they start very green, almost unplayable. Funny thing is, if i install a new game, colour seems to be fine, but when i start any game installed BEFORE i first had this problem, the screen goes back to green, in some cases, locking it there even when i exit the game, forcing me to restart the cpu to make the colour go back to my customized rgb settings.

Im running windows 7 64x, and have ATI Radeon HD 4550 card.

I have tried the following-

-Adjusting advanced settings, colour management, and all types of experimental adjustments in screen resolution settings.

-Updated all graphics drivers and installed all windows updates.

-Reinstalled and updated direct x to newest version

-Tried all settings in properties, run in compatibility mode, running in windows 95 mode does not fix problem.

-Adjusted all in game video settings to no effect.

-Completely deleted a game, removed all traces, then reinstalled fresh, game starts green again. But any game i buy off a shelf today, has not had this problem

-Opened cpu tower, checked monitor cable.

This problem is only occuring when i try to play an older game, example: total war 2, im really missing my 10+ games that cant be played now for this reason, if someone could please help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

Replace the monitor cable, unless that is how you checked it.

Back