• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coming Soon: "The Voodoo Mac"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ya i know what you mean, i was thinking tho... do u think it'd be possible to cut out a bigger hole for the monitor, like where the sides slope in and part of the surrounding plastic. i think i may have seen some 10" LCD monitors....*runs to e-bay*

Digital

Digital Pimp said:
ya i know what you mean, i was thinking tho... do u think it'd be possible to cut out a bigger hole for the monitor, like where the sides slope in and part of the surrounding plastic. i think i may have seen some 10" LCD monitors....*runs to e-bay*

Digital
I have a 10 inch bare LCD and it's would fit since the inside of the shell is only 9.3 inches wide.

ARG!!!! I now have a splitting migraine and a cold and won't be able to get this done this week. Oh well. I'm only a few steps from being done.

Under MUCH duress (and alot of Tylenol Extra Strength) I'm trying to get this finished. Albeit at a very slow pace. (Stupid headache)

Everyone keep your fingers crossed that I don't hurt myself. Because when I take Tylenol Extra Strength I'm painless all over.

edit: My Digital Camera came today. I can now take pics without making everyone wait for film to be developed.

Geez, I didn't tink I'd get this many replies...

Anyways, construction is slow but still moving. I had to prepare for a foot of snow that's expected tonight so I'll be working in the garage tomorrow while wearing 3 layers of clothing :)

Painting may be a problem though since it's ridiculously cold.

Jeez, seems like when one bad thing goes away a new come reappears. I think someone doesn't want this mod done. :D

I just found this thread, read it all, i noticed alot of the posts on page 2 were in November still so i thought "hey maybe when i get to the bottom there will be a link to some pics! It HAS to be done! yay!" but when i got here..... nothing :( Hurry up man!

(never thought I'd be this anxious to see something with the apple logo on it.)

CrazyBorne said:
Jeez, seems like when one bad thing goes away a new come reappears. I think someone doesn't want this mod done. :D
Stupid Apple gods are working against me...
Jawsome said:
(never thought I'd be this anxious to see something with the apple logo on it.)
Hahahahahahaha! Now I REALLY need to get moving.

If a mod would like to edit the title of this thread to say,
(NOW WITH PICTURES)
I'd be much ablidged, because here they are! :D

2_ba1.jpg

This was done completely by hand and took me upwards of an hour to do with my trust Black & Decker RTX with the etching and sanding bits. Once I can procure an inverter I'll be able to see this lit up INSIDE the shell.

Before ----------------------------------------------> After
vacuumac.jpg
2_ba2.jpg

Granted I have a really weak digital camera, but it's better than nothing. I lost my window of opportunity for painting the shell myself since the temperature outside dropped to 30f yesterday. I'll be taking the shell to an auto body shop soon so I can have the last detail sorted out (a nice silver paint job).
Aside from paint it's 100% complete. If I wanted to I could hook up the cables and let 'er rip. But, I do not yet know who this machine is going to. Either my friend will be buying it, or it's going in my personal stash, or it will be sold to a currently unknown person.

I have to use a Flex ATX motherboard because I was having a hard time getting processor for the SLot 1 motherboard I was going to use. It also save me a little space since I didn't have to make space for a PCI soundcard and could instead use the onboard audio (which works okay). The only two PCI slots are filled with a TNT2 M64 and a 56K modem. Both are mounted by a custom made Lexan backing plate (urg that took forever).

The CD-ROM drive is kinda naked. I completely removed the top cover and painted the tray silver. You can peep into the front window and see the CD spinning or loading. There was absolutely NO room to gracefully mount a floppy drive, so I just omitted it since I've had alot of problems with floppies getting scrambled (Grrrrr).

All said and done, I think it's the second-lightest machine I've ever built. It weighs in at 10 pounds and measures in at 10 x 10 x 9.

I will add more pics after it's painted. I've done over two weeks of work on this machine and the mounting holes I've cut into the back are a complete work of art. Nothing is hack and slash, nothing is second rate. This is the HARDEST and most labor intensive project I've ever completed.
*phew* :eek:

Last edited:
I say Keep it. Another Folding Rig. :D:D:D

Very nice job on the window. My only gripe is, THE WIRES! :eek:

other than that its freakin awesome!:clap:

Penguin4x4 said:
Very nice job on the window. My only gripe is, THE WIRES! :eek

I'm working on that. It's hard to hide them when the PSU is hogging almost half of the inside of the case. I also have to keep the cables away from the CD-ROM drive because it's open-air (I tried to make a clear sheild for it but that didn't go all that well).

nice job, and if i remember, taking a flame and drawing it 3-4 inch away across the front of the LEXI cutout will make it clear~

Back