• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

compatibal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slynutcase

just want to fully research before commiting to buy, i have got an asrock 990fx extreme3 on its way to me as i type,
but before i order new ram want to clear up a question, the ram im looking at isnt on the supported list on asrocks website,
the ram in question is http://www.ebuyer.com/248846-corsai...-cl9-1-5v-non-ecc-unbuffered-cmz8gx3m2a1600c9
will these two bits of hardware get along and play ball?
or shall i get one that is on the supported list?

In many situations you are better off to go with a ram that is listed on the mobo makers website. In general ram is ram though. I did notice the Vengeance "blue" is certainly supposed to work with AMD.

Like I said in my first post in answer to your question, memory can often be thought of as 'just' memory and could be expected to work in anything. But there are situations over the last couple of years where ram spec'd for an AMD system seemed somehow better or more likely to work well overall. That was my only concern when you ask about ram working that is not on the motherboard website shown as working ram.

Corsair tries to test their ram in many configurations and perhaps to follow their guidelines would be a good idea. It certainly is a good idea if you have some sort of issue at a later date and can refer back to the fact the ram is on their site as shown to work with X. I usually save the text from a website showing the exact words of the manufacturer as regards their product. You just never know when you may need 'leverage' to get good help.

Get renowned Corsair performance and reliability for your AMD-based system.

ok 1 thing i have just noticed is with my heatsink the vengeance sticks wont fit in the first 2 sockets,
will it still work in the furthest 2 slots from the cpu bracket? or are they only there for if you are useing a 4 stick setup?

Back