• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatible graphics card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R_Benson14

Registered
Hi, new here. My name is Ryan. I read the rules and I currently don’t have a PC but I am currently planning my first Gaming PC Build. I hope this post does not violate any terms or rules.

I am wanting some advice from a few experienced PC individuals. This will be an AMD build. Attached is a picture of the mother board and graphics card I have chosen. From all the research I’ve done, and from the website (Newegg), it says everything should be compatible. My biggest concern is, is the graphics card I have chosen compatible with the motherboard I have chosen? IMG_4179.JPG

I cannot view the photo I attached to the post, so Incase anyone else can’t see it, below is the motherboard and the graphics card I have chosen.

Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6GB/s ATX AMD Motherboard

Graphics card: ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1660 Ti ROG-STRIX-GTX1660Ti-O6G-Gaming 6GB 192-bit GDDR6 PCI Express HDCP ready video card

yes it is.
you will need a monitor with either HDMI or display port (or both) connections to connect to it.

No problem. These components are made to be universally compatible with each other. You run into a compatibility quirk on very rare occasions but not something to lose sleep over. As long as the motherboard has a PCI-e slot then any PCI-e video card should work.

Will you be using this system primarily for gaming? If so, then it will be important to choose a gsync compatible monitor with good refresh rates and response times.

yes it is.
you will need a monitor with either HDMI or display port (or both) connections to connect to it.

Awesome, thank you!

No problem. These components are made to be universally compatible with each other. You run into a compatibility quirk on very rare occasions but not something to lose sleep over. As long as the motherboard has a PCI-e slot then any PCI-e video card should work.

Will you be using this system primarily for gaming? If so, then it will be important to choose a gsync compatible monitor with good refresh rates and response times.

Oh ok sweet, thank you! I will be using it primarily for gaming yes, but I will also be using it for online college classes. I will be sure to find a monitor with gsync. Thank you, again!

Yes the graphics card will work fine with the motherboard. If you need a suggestion for a good low cost monitor the LG 27GL650F-B 27 is a great G-Sync compatible gaming monitor. LINK: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gl650f-b

Perfect, thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back