• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Comps have lost sight of each other!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

UPDATE -- Got home from work and everything was working fine...

Ran into the following and it has me stumped.

I installed the latest version of Win10 Pro x64 on the 2700X (build 1803) when I built it last week. (And I already had Win10 Pro x64 (build 1609?) on the 1600X.)

After I built the 2700X I shared some of the drives and I was always able to see the 2700X from the 1600X and move files between computers over the network just fine. I was able to see the 1600X from the 2700X and move files between the computers just fine when I built the 2700X last week.

Woke up yesterday and neither computer can see the other on the network...

The 1600X can see its own shares but cannot see the 2700X at all.

The 2700X cannot see its own shares nor can it see the 1600X on the network. I get a notification to turn on network discovery (and I did) and rebooted and no joy...

I tried:
Discovery has been turned on, on both computers, then both computers were rebooted
Shared Drives were blown out and re-shared, then both computers were rebooted
Both computers have always belonged to the same workgroup
Network Reset has been performed on both, shares were recreated, then both computers were rebooted

Still no joy.

Only thing I can think of is I must've gotten some windows update that screwed things up...

Suggestions on what else to check?

Last edited:
Back