• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer "Cockpit" chair/desk - RIP OFF!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DaveSauce said:
But, I would love to have a cockpit type thing to just relax and frag in.....with balancers perfectly set up so I can move it all around, and it stops where I stop it. w00rt!

that would be a nice for gaming....

I wouldn't mind having one if I didn't know that my kids would be using it as a jungle gym...lol... plus the wife took one look at it and said "... why would you want that?!?! that's pretty damn ugly..."... oh well... its nice to dream :D

That doesn't look comfortable. You have to like.. look at a screen above you and then have your arms pretty low to type and there's no leg rest!

what? huh? I was distracted by the "Watercooling" avatar :D

anyway...

I got a suggestion instead of that uncomfortable chair, try using a barcalounger or la-z-boy and attaching the arms to it

that looks awesome! lol, i may try the ghetto starfox version.

DaveSauce said w00rt!!!!

w00rt! :D

wow thats a nice setup
let us know how building your own goes, although i dont think that i could build one myself :(

My rough estimate to make somthing like this (not including labour to custom wire everything)...
...$6949.65 Canadian.

2 X NEC 17" multi-Sync TFT displays
1 X 3.06 Ghz Intel P4
512 DDR 333
Radeon 9700
yadda yadda yadda...

Seat would look like this...
sca-80-1700-61r.jpg

I could prolly make my own seat out of wood and just put lay 5" padding everywhere, man I dont think I would get up if my life depended on it:D

CrystalMethod said:
My rough estimate to make somthing like this (not including labour to custom wire everything)...
...$6949.65 Canadian.

2 X NEC 17" multi-Sync TFT displays
1 X 3.06 Ghz Intel P4
512 DDR 333
Radeon 9700
yadda yadda yadda...

Seat would look like this...
sca-80-1700-61r.jpg

I believe the purpose of building your own would be to put your OWN computer and screens into it rather than buying the computer itself....most of that cost probably IS for the comptuer anyways..

That doesn't look comfortable. You have to like.. look at a screen above you and then have your arms pretty low to type and there's no leg rest!

If I qwere to build it I would put them lower and add a very nice foot rest to it ;)

Screw the chair and BS. Just integrate it into a hammock. Now were talking.
Your chick wouldnt want to get it on in that thing with all those metal arms everywhere and no swing action. Now a hammock, she has no reason not too.

I had an idea like this once but i was going to use one of those 70's space chairs and have arms for the keyboard and mouse. Didnt think about the monitor or where case would go because it was going to be in front of a desk =P anyways cool idea really needs to have a lazyboy cause that seat looks like it could get alittle uncoumfy. This way in a lazyboy you could kick up the recliner have the monitor rail mounted on the back so when the head rest went down the monitor would still be in front of u.

thats wicked, except, U need a monitor in the middle, lol. W/ that u always gotta til your head one way and I'm too lazy to do that:D

It'd be a good upgrade from my fake-wood desk and "P1 full tower server" Chair, which is the studeriest thing I've ever sat on:D

Fushyuguru said:
Screw the chair and BS. Just integrate it into a hammock. Now were talking.
Your chick wouldnt want to get it on in that thing with all those metal arms everywhere and no swing action. Now a hammock, she has no reason not too.

I thought this was supposed to be a gaming setup not a sex toy? Oh well.

Got a reply back from my email and they said it would cost around 6000 USD to get the larger one with JUSt the frame...still a ripoff I ay. hows that project coming along?

I dont think I like em....
maybe too extreme... I like my cheapo 'L' shape wood desk.

but i'll try anything once....umm err.... never mind.
cool chairs....yeah cool chairs.

M

Back