• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer completely turns off.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Flashed the BIOS to the newest version. Booted up and it gave me an error saying overclocking failed again. I reset to factory settings (even though it was already at factory settings). I ran with only 1 memory stick in and it still crashed after about 45 mins. I tried running the single stick in the closest memory slot to the CPU and on boot all I get is a black screen. Do you guys thing that it may be my memory slots and mobo are defective or could it still be the PSU causing all the problems? I plan on going out tomorrow to get a new PSU to see if that fixes it but trying to do everything I can tonight to troubleshoot. Any ideas guys? I also ran everything with just the bare minimum, 1 stick of RAM, just the HDD and video card plugged in. Still the same issue.

Ok now there is a new issue. The motherboard is only recognizing 8gb out of the 12gb I have installed. So it isn't recognizing one of the sticks now. I'm really starting to think I have a faulty motherboard. What do you guys think?

Some information about the hardware such as make, model, speed, wattage, etc. would be helpful. You can put it in your "Sig".

Hi trents,

I posted my system specs in my first post but I will update my sig now with the info. Really frustrated with this rig so far. Really need to find out what is causing these random power downs.

My sig should be working now.

Also, the computer is recognizing all the RAM now, but still powers off randomly.

Back