• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer doesnt recognize my video card on the PCI-Express slot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pr0t0n

Registered
Hi Guys been a long time since I was last active here, but since I got great help here I am coming with my new problem here since people on stackoverflow.com cant solve it or I get dumb responses so I just go for the pros immediately.

Need help with my video card on the PCI-Express slot, in the past I had to tweak some settings(I say tweak since I just had to change settings and see if it solved it) so my bios would recognize and bootup my video card with the rest of the hardware, I will post some hardware info below, so bare with me:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
Video Card: ATI Radeon (I cant tell the exact model as I dont got the case of it anymore and since my comp doesnt recognizie it I cant find it out with system info software)

My motherboard comes with EUFI BIOS atleast I think thats how you call it, I hope anyone that reads this knows of which settings I am talking about and can help me with it.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Marc

EDIT: lol I just realise that the last time I was here I edited my signature with the right video card and tech info so please look there for info.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with the video card it works perfectly, its just that from the default bios settings it doesnt recognise it until I change the right settings so it looks in the pci-express slots for the graphics card.

There is a setting that says to look for PCIe or iGPU... set it to PCIe and done. I don't have that board, but simply looking in the BIOS, likely in the Peripherals section perhaps, you should find it. I googled, but can't get a shot of all the screens to spoon feed you the answer.

You can wait and hope someone finds it, or take a few minutes and look in your bios. :)

Good luck!

IMAG0034[1].jpg

The image above is of the section that needs changing, and I could choose between some settings but the PCI setting doesnt do it.

That is because you don't have a PCI graphics card, but PCIe (Express). It is common for that to be abbreviated as PEG (PCI Express Graphics). Try that. Or, Auto should work.

Last edited:
Ahhhh bro I could kiss.

Thank you so much!

See this is why I love this community!

Scratch the first line only, it didnt work or wasnt enough, still love the community tho haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto is default if that worked I wouldnt post a question bro :p

No changing it to PEG didnt work or wasnt enough.

Auto is default if that worked I wouldnt post a question bro :p

No changing it to PEG didnt work or wasnt enough.
Its a worthwhile question considering the thread...

That said, I really do not understand this thread. You have owned this card for quite a while considering your last post here was in 2013 I believe. So did it suddenly stop working or what is the story?
Why did it suddenly stop working?
Are you SURE the GPU still works?
Have you tried other PCIe slots?

Well 2 days ago I tryd overclocking again and it failed so I had to use the cmod jumper to reset the bios, AND right after I bought the card I had this same problem I even thought my card was broken back then and I sent it back to get a new card after that I found out I had to change a few like 3 settings I think to have the card working.
It was alot of trying out and resetting the bios if it didnt work but I dont like that idea right now just want my dual video cards to start working again.

I guess my situation is damn rare since I only found a few other people with the same problem the last few years but even in theire posts no1 could tell them exact which settings, so yeah I guess I have to tell my bios to use the PCI-Express slot too look for a graphic card.

Also do I need to change a setting for PCI to launch Legacy ROM or UFI ROM? I saw that 1 tab before Pheripials: were the main graphic card settings were.

I can't imagine it takes 3 settings to change to get your GPU to work... that makes no sense.

Maybe? Try it and see...

Back