• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer freezes and flash player crashes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawn-Inc

computer specs are in my sig. i'm running windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

notes
- i normally leave my video card at stock speeds, and cpu at 3.5ghz
- i ran memtest86 5.01 and passed 12 tests with no errors (left it overnight)
- sometimes while watching youtube shockwave will stop working or the computer freezes
- while playing 2 newer games (haven't tried older games) the game will crash but i don't think they say why, just that it crashed. one time it mentioned not enough memory. the games are goat simulator and farming simulator 2013.

if it matters temps are 34C on the video card while running ATItool test and 45c on the cpu while running prime95 small fft. my temps are normally lower but my rad is covered in dirty and i've been running the same random mix of coolants (i normally run distilled + pt nuke) for at least 2 years without cleaning.

i suspect it's my video card failing but would like your thoughts on the matter.

mine was doing that granted i AM on amd so different stuff a bit, but it ended up being video drivers, driver wiper, and reinstalling drivers fixed it.

the newest drivers, or if you updated recently then step back a driver

wiped the driver with display driver 12.6.4, then installed the newest driver from nvidia. starting playing farm sim and it seemed to run better then before but youtube flash has crashed once since reinstalling.

i will see how it goes, but as long as it stops freezing and shutting down my games i will be happy.

Back