• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer has rebooted from a bugcheck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomg978

Hi everyone,

I have searched the 'net and have not found a solution for this. I have recently built a very standard server PC (2GB DDR2, Core 2 Duo etc). Anyway, it was fine for the first few days and now it has started randomly restarting, and only now I thought of looking at the event log. The 'Critical' error is:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80002883905, 0xfffff8800520afb0, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 012213-20280-01.

Most other people have not had the same number/letter combo so I don't really know whats going on - my first assumtion would be the power supply since I have just changed it, or the RAM.

If you would like to see the dump file or anything, please ask and I will attach it :)

Please help guys, thanks, Tom. :)

Last edited:
The important part of the bugcheck is the 0x3B portion of the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION STOP error. Follow the three steps listed in this MSDN article...

1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
3. Check your hard disk for errors.

Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Windows Debuggers)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff558949(v=vs.85).aspx

... and which OS are you running?

Back