• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CONFUSED over MINI itx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ahh yes i have seen that mobo. it uses the nForce 220-D chipset if i recall. the difference is no dual DDR. and thus a loss in graphics and CPU performence. i would much rather use the abit with the 420-D chipset and spend $60 on a couple of 128 mb ram chips. and the mem does not have to be matched, if you have a spare 128 pc2100 and a spare 256 pc1600 they will work in dual mode.I believe, after some research that the abit board is quite possibly the best socket A integrated micro atx board available.

the M&^%f(*&Ker decided to crash just when i was about to post...and it was bloody long tooo....
welll dudes...because im tired i'll simplify everything...Captain Slug thanks for you help and very tempting wishlist...but the thing is...Postage and Handling are gonna blow me away and at the end i dont reallly need all that....
i'll explain down:

there is a file in attachment and shows everything that i need but i forgot a vid card...because of forum rules u can't post HTML stuff so i renamed to zip just rename the extension to html and u r done...

now everything also depends of my mum...if she thinks that my bro deserves it then i
ll go forward with it if not it was just waste of time...which i dont want....

and also what i decided to do is to try to get the remaining parts downunder and get it done here...

i explain why i need and what i already have:

NEED:
MOBO ( if Mini-itx no need for VGA and .... )
RAM
HDD
Joystick and gamepad...
VID card....

Already have

PSU and casing although i'll make a mate do me a plexi one....
DVD player CReative
A.S.T.C
HSF
DVD Decoder from a DXR2
Sound card from sblive...
NIC and floppy...

well that's about it...at the end MINI-ITX will never see the day of light...bad luck...
Thanks for all
MercServ

Slug....i forgot...does the Radeon has TV out???/ coz i need that bad and is it good quality for a tv ????

and guess what the project is going forward...folks agreed but they said "DOnt give him a blown out pc like yours" i was laughing....

thanks Dude...

MercServ said:
Slug....i forgot...does the Radeon has TV out???/ coz i need that bad and is it good quality for a tv ????

Yes it does. And it's a really good deal, especially for playing Quake 3.

Tbird man said:
ahh yes i have seen that mobo. it uses the nForce 220-D chipset if i recall. the difference is no dual DDR. and thus a loss in graphics and CPU performence. i would much rather use the abit with the 420-D chipset and spend $60 on a couple of 128 mb ram chips. and the mem does not have to be matched, if you have a spare 128 pc2100 and a spare 256 pc1600 they will work in dual mode.I believe, after some research that the abit board is quite possibly the best socket A integrated micro atx board available.

Doh! No wonder my board seemed slower than a KT266.
**hits self repeatedly**

Last edited:
Penguin4x4 said:

I'm downloading the manual for that board but it does lack an AGP slot and probably has REALLY pitiful graphics. It's meant as an ITX platform which means...

Low Power consumption = Low CPU strength

It is refreshing to finally see a socket ITX board, And it does include a capable chipset (Via PLE133T) that supports ANY socket 370 CPU.

It would make a GREAT machine for anything other than games.

Last edited:
MercServ said:
Already have

PSU and casing although i'll make a mate do me a plexi one....
DVD player CReative
A.S.T.C
HSF
DVD Decoder from a DXR2
Sound card from sblive...
NIC and floppy...

Ooooooooh, that makes a difference now doesn't it...
I'll fix my list.

Do you have a 300w PSU?

MercServ said:
Captain is the Nforce mobo better than the ECS coz i can;t find it OZ.... ????

It is if you want to spend extra for it. The reason to get is for the integrated graphics (which doesn't have TV-Out).
The chipsets on the Abit NV7m is faster than the ECS K7S5A. But only if you use two sticks of RAM.

The Abit NV7m is a real pickle to locate anywhere on the planet since htey sold out so quickly.
The ECS board I have selected supports both SDRAM and DDR so you could upgrade to DDR later if you need to. But based on what your brother wants, SDRAM will do just fine.

Here's the new list of parts at a total of $381 AUD + shipping

Last edited:
MAN u r just a pro....jack of all trades :)
well because of the shipping which is gonna take i think too long and too costly...i'll get everything over here and try my best to get what's on ur list...

but that ECS mobo is so hard to find....no one sells it or something...

the parts are very fine with me...
thanks dude....

Captain can u tell me over mobos supporting both SD and DDR...coz it's damn hard to find it...i actually dont even see one...

give me something around abit/asus/gigabyte/msi

thanks man

I found a retailer in your area that has REALLY good prices on all the parts you need. I'm building an itemized part list from the inventory of two different stores...

Most of the boards I'd like to recommend are simply no longer available near you. The shelf life of parts in Australia seems to be really short or there are a limited number of manufacturers who actually supply your region.

Plus Corp. (they're in Northmead NSW and I have no idea what distance that is from you since I'm not up on Australian geography)
-------------------------------------
- Gigabyte KM266 DDR Micro ATX motherboard = $150 AUD (comparable to the Abit NV7m)
- AMD Athlon XP 1700+ = $140 AUD (best deal in your area. Durons seem to be nearly impossible to find near you)
- 256mb PC2100 DDR RAM = $150 AUD
- Radeon 7000 64mb DDR w/ TV-out = $100 AUD
- Seagate ATA100 7200 RPM 2mb cache 40GB Hard Drive = $165 AUD

That makes your grand total $705 AUD
That's the best price set I can get, on your continent anyways...

Last edited:
the ECS k7s5a is available all over australia, its huge over here and i know people running them in WA,SA,VIC,QLD and Tas....
They are the best DDR/SDR combo boards out there bar none.

Look into the Asus a7n266 VM boards, they are also available in many places here, and will cost you about $130 and provide a great lot of onboard features.

lonewolf1983 said:
the ECS k7s5a is available all over australia, its huge over here and i know people running them in WA,SA,VIC,QLD and Tas....
They are the best DDR/SDR combo boards out there bar none.

Look into the Asus a7n266 VM boards, they are also available in many places here, and will cost you about $130 and provide a great lot of onboard features.

I recommend the K7s5a if you can find it cheaper than the board I found.
The Micro ATX KM266 is faster than the K7s5a AND the Asus A7n266-vm and has the onboard NIC you need. YOu can disable it's onboard sound easily.

Back