• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused still: OC'ing A64 3200+, Asus K8Vse, OCZ EL Plat 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baptizer

Hello All:
I did a search on and found a few threads that touch on OC'ing an A64 chip, however, I am still rather confused. I am confused as to what I should put my settings before I begin to OC. Here is my setup:
A64 3200+
Asus K8V Se Delux
2x512 OCZ EL Platinum PC3200 Ram (2x2x2x5)
Nvidia 6800 GT

Currently, I have the ram timing option set to Auto in the bios. Using cpu-id, it shows that it has them set to the lowest possible (2x2x2x5). Should I loosen these up a bit before I start OC'ing?

Also, I have set the ram voltage to 2.8 (highest it will go) and cpu voltage to 1.55. What should be my next step? Should I change the hypertransport ratio from 1:1 to something else? 5:3? 2:1? Or should I start upping the HTT? Should I lower the multiplier? (I have it set to 10 now...at least I think that is what I have it at. it displays 2000mhz).

Any help would be great! I am assuming I should be able to get good results with this setup, just a bit confused on how to start my journey! Take care and best wishes!

Back