• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Constant rebooting issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok new problem kind of the same.

Computer not posting took out OC settings still the same. Took out GPU and it is currently on and has booted however it will randomly either freeze or out right die off picture on screen drops off but it looks like power is still going into the machine all fans still going can't be hdd its only 2months old.

Could it be the PSU ???

Edit - After removing GPU taskbar went back to standard crap colour unsure if this is useful info or not.

as mentioned earlier win 7 installed have run scan/sfc which completed no problems also.

Last thing I did on my machine yesterday when it was working was windows updates.

Edit - Computer died again, not 100% sure but is it possible one power coord from my PSU could be busted? I changed another PSU cable from my other hdd (my 1tb) and the computer booted with diskfailure error b/c no os installed then tried the other one that didn't seem to work on my OS hdd and it didnt load then swapped it to the one that worked with my 1tb and the system turned on and is currently functioning?

So far..

Reboots stopped after win 7 install so far so good until today.

Computer randomly freezing up during login or while in use has happened twice.
Since taking out GPU and running onboard GPU have had what was on screen vanish to either a black or white screen.
I heard the fans on something (not sure what go on slow then on really really fast then slow again)

Temps are very cold (my house is like 10deg its stupid cold in here plus the cooling I have nothing is over heating at all checked hwmonitor aswell.

Edit - again with the coord I thought was fine the screen turned off/went black again it looks like power is going into the machine but its turning off the screen.

Did a test to check that its not just the screen turning off by having music play on repeat then once the issue occurs the music stops so this has to be motherboard/psu/hdd issue.

Motherboard purchased about a month ago.

hdd purchased start of year and tested with wd diagnostics as functioning. so PSU???

help!!

I am also worried that if I take my PSU in as the pc is currently running but randomly shuts off they say to me that the PSU isn't faulty

Last edited:
Unsure if this is disabled by default on my motherboard. I have only changed FSB and standard settings which I have put back to default again when the boot issues occured.
Is there any reason that this could cause an issue since the machine has been working fine ever since the initial win 7 install?

Ok thanks, any idea where in my bios this may/would be located? will give it a go tonight but I would figure while the computer is booting the cpu would not be idle ? so it shouldn't have reason to have voltage changes (correct me if I am wrong just how I understand it).

ok sorry I should have worked that part out myself. I will have a look see if I can find the option and turn it off.

Have done this the computer boots and is working however the boot noises are different now. Bios post code is one beep like normal but there is a noise (reminds me of an airplane) on boot that occurs at a normal speed however when powering on now its slow to occur then machine boots like normal tried to listen to where the noise is from but not sure (its not a fan noise).

If the PSU has an initial power up/boot noise im thinking its that.

The Windows 7 update is broken. Once you get to SP1 it takes hours and hours for it to scan for updates. The automatic update process seems to work okay, however. Maddening when you are trying to deploy a machine for a customer and you want all the current available updates installed when you give them the machine.

Update - Power Supply removed the dying sound has now gone with my enermax branded PSU. However I have some questions about my new case will make new topic thanks for help on this one guys hopefully fingers crossed no more problems.

Back