• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CONTEST! Best side panel design! Win a free case & PSU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well in the pics, isnt the black suppose to be cut out? the white is part of the case, so the eyes are being cut out.

the body is the case, and the black is the window, so the eyes are just cut out

more soon maybe

edit: here ya go

spidey57pj.jpg

and another

spidey63zj.jpg

edit once again, thought id throw in doc oc

dococ6rf.jpg

Last edited:
I had an idea. My cutout would allow the case itself to mirror the costume design.
sm_co_1.jpg

And would probably look like this after paint
sm_co_2.jpg

You could cut the spider and blue costume areas out of the side panel, then put clear plastic behind the costume area, and black or smoke tinted plastic behind the spider. It would also work to simply cut the Red area out of a red sheet of plastic or some other material then have that painted.

Last edited:
hockey_man93 said:
heres my first

I think this one is the best. You just have to turn the head slightly so that the right eye connects to the rest of the negative space, so that you don't run into the "floating eye" problem.

/edit: Hmm well I guess there'd be all kinds of "floating object" problems with this one. Oh well.

Attachments

• spiderman4.jpg
    spiderman4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 976
Skeen said:
I think this one is the best. You just have to turn the head slightly so that the right eye connects to the rest of the negative space, so that you don't run into the "floating eye" problem.

/edit: Hmm well I guess there'd be all kinds of "floating object" problems with this one. Oh well.

black is window. As long as the white connects, it's all good. The metal holds it together, the windows fill it in.

here is my submission!

spider.jpg

^^^^ i was gonna do one like that

heres another one

spidey84sy.jpg

edit: another

spidey91fv.jpg

Last edited:
All of these ideas look pretty cool. My girlfriend asked if she can pick the winner and I told her in order to make it fair she can pick the three she likes the best and then we'll take a vote on it and let all of the forum members choose.

DirtMerchant said:
All of these ideas look pretty cool. My girlfriend asked if she can pick the winner and I told her in order to make it fair she can pick the three she likes the best and then we'll take a vote on it and let all of the forum members choose.

dude...whatever one your girlfriend votes for had better win or you'll be in trouble at home n_n;;

Girlfriend's vote > every other forum member's vote

Yamiyanazz said:
dude...whatever one your girlfriend votes for had better win or you'll be in trouble at home n_n;;

Girlfriend's vote > every other forum member's vote

agrees hehe, id rather have my g/f choose the winner instead of getting slapped or something, rather than have ocf members choose, nothing will happen if you dont let us choose haha :santa:

you have a cool g/f

Bboy_Jon said:
agrees hehe, id rather have my g/f choose the winner instead of getting slapped or something, rather than have ocf members choose, nothing will happen if you dont let us choose haha :santa:

you have a cool g/f

Well we'll wait to see how many submissions this contest gets then the vote can begin. I Just want it to be fair.

how long will it go on? maybe till it reaches 3 pages or something? or in a week? therell be sooooooooo many lol

I REALLY like hockey_man93's first one.... But what about you rotate it 180 degrees, so the white part doesnt cover the pci bays, but covers the drive bays instead. But I think you need to redraw parts of Spiderman... Try it.

neonblingbling said:
I REALLY like hockey_man93's first one.... But what about you rotate it 180 degrees, so the white part doesnt cover the pci bays, but covers the drive bays instead. But I think you need to redraw parts of Spiderman... Try it.

Yeah, I really like Hockey_man93's design too. If I didn't submit my own, he would definitely get my vote.

Spidermancreep.JPG

[H] Dosent like my 56k So i went ahead and registered here.

When I saw someone else did the same thing as me, I went ahead and did something unique. It might take a while to cut but it looks cool. Spent a while working on it, hope you like it.

Back