• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

conversion to apple tv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but there doesn't seem to a perfect fit. My son bought me an Apple TV for my birthday. My wife and I are in the process of doing away with physical media and loading everything into Itunes and then backing it all up in the cloud. My problem is software. I've got a program called Freemake that will do the job most of the time. But there's some DVDs it just can't handle for some reason. For example I have the complete series of Mash. Season 1, 2 ,3 all worked fine but season 4 came along and none of the 3 DVDs will work with Freemake. The only other programs (free) I've found want to make the DVD into 1 big file rather than individual episodes. I need something better and reliable. I realize I may be treading on thin ice here with some, but to my knowledge, I'm not doing anything illegal. I'm just getting rid of shelves of DVDs. When we're finished the physical media will be destroyed through a shredder.

No Matter. I've solved the issue by researching Apple TV parameters and playing around with conversions on standard video conversion tools. I now know how to setup an H.264 to play on AppleTV.

Rip with MakeMKV and convert them with Handbrake. Both programs are free. Handbrake has a preset for Apple TV and you can add movies to a batch list.

Back