• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Convert a delta 50cfm 60mm fan to turn on depending on temperature?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildfrogman

I was thinking about having a siren of a fan like this delta 60mm 50cfm fan turn on if say my waterpump dies, turns off, forgot to plug in etc. As this fan would act like a siren, and also work realy good for my waterblock~integrated into a dragon orb heatsink, i thought sombody may be able to help me hook somthing like this up. I think it would be pretty neat,definatly not going to run a delta 50cfm 60mm fan all the time. I would prefer hooking it up to a hardware based temperature sensor as software i dont want to deal with crashing or such possibly.

If you want absolute security, then try a miniature temp. fuse. Basically a "thing" about the size of a resistor that breaks at a preset temperature. 50c may be good? Then drive a relay through this and wire the fan to turn on when the realy is no longer energized.

That's my suggestion..

For more sequrity, cut your "power good" line and put the temp fuse inline. Temp too high? Instant shutdown. But you then need a soldering iron to get it back on as the fuse is not the resettable type..

Hmm, makes sense on the auto shut down. I may use somthing like that on another rig of mine. But my waterblock i have is a dragon orb3+ with the inside copper area for water flow and the outer fins for security. I should be able to run my cpu with the pump off for extended periods of time~raise in temps slow enough to have the mobo turn off the computer. Also have it so the cpu wont get so hot as to die and wreck the socket etc. Pretty much i am around my computer or close by all the time when its on so the siren of a fan.... 50cfm 60mm delta as i found for 9 bucks may do the trick. A nice high pitch "temp warning device" heheheh if i can hook it up with a temp sensor. Looking into that.

Back