• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cool my water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
try your fan at 5v, or get a smaller fan, or see if you can find a quiter one. have yoy under volted the fans on your PSU, or you could put another heater core on the system and run them both in passive mode. i run a massive transmision cooler on one of my systems with out a fan and it cools ok, almost to ambianet.

Screw the pelt chillers. By the time you cool the pelts you're stuck with more noise than you started with...

It seems to me that some people just don't get that if you add heat into any part of the system and don't do enough to take it back out. What was the point in doing so in the first place?

If you want to use TEC's use them under blocks on the hardware you want to cool...

*edit* This isn't directed at anyone in particular

erm, seems as if people may have sidetracked from the thread a little, im not sure bout this but it sounds like to me hes going for silence over cooling.

If 7v isnt quiet enough, go 5v and 7v your other fans in your computer like your psu. I've done that and its very quiet now.

Toysrme said:
Screw the pelt chillers. By the time you cool the pelts you're stuck with more noise than you started with...

It seems to me that some people just don't get that if you add heat into any part of the system and don't do enough to take it back out. What was the point in doing so in the first place?

If you want to use TEC's use them under blocks on the hardware you want to cool...

*edit* This isn't directed at anyone in particular
i was wondering when someone whas going to say this!!
um......bong and keep your rad and have your fans at 5v or less, id have a bong except i want it all to fit in my case

Get a bigger pump, a trencher, found out where your utility lines are, and bury that thing deep in the ground. Quiet as a mofo.

Silence over cooling. You're not gonna get that with TEC's. Somewhere you're going to HAVE to have some heafty fan power. It dosen't matter where you stick a TEC in a system(or ANYTHING ELSE) you still have to cool it by some means.

The *only* exception to this would be a low powered fan on a bong setup.

-Toysrme

Back