• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master 212 high temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

super2007

I reseated my heat sink and i have noticed high temperature for the CPU.

On Core Temp i am seeing:
77c
66c
59c
54c

When mounting the screws that hold the heatsink down it suppose to look into a line sticking out on the heatsink, but when i was mounting mine it didn't lock in. for 1155 it is not locking into that lock, am i installing it wrong?

Are those load temps? Stock clocks?

The pin sticking out of the heat sink base is supposed to go into a notch on the scissor clip that keeps it lined up.

These are Load temps. ya i can't seem to keep the notch on the scissor clip to keep it lined up, i think thats where i am messing up

It's tricky but you need to make sure the little indentation is lined up with the pin... If it isn't, your heat sink is not going to sit right. Also keep in mind that every time you try again, you should clean all the thermal paste off, clean both the proc and heats ink with alcohol and re-apply the thermal paste. If you lift the heat sink and put it back down again you risk getting air bubbles in the thermal paste that will hurt cooling ability.

Unless you have the mobo on a table in front of you. That's the only way I do it. Remove the mobo from the case first.

No excuses, no "I don't want to remove the mobo, it's hard to do".

You put the Cooler on the CPU, then you have all day to get it right unless you lift the cooler off the CPU.

And tighten it down.... wayyy down.

You sure you got the right mounting hardware? Make sure, seen it happen.

Last edited:
Back