• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Cooler Master Gemin 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaiie

Hello guys,

I'm working on my first build (I5 3570) Asrock extreme 4 with corsair vengeance 8 gig ram...I wanted to replace the stock intel cpu cooler with something better but still slim and attractive.

I was thinking of upgrading to the Cooler Master Gemin 2 and swapping out the stock 120mm fan for a 140mm led fan...

In my head it sounds like a good idea! Do you think there might be any potential complications?

On a side note... I was looking at the Dark Knight 2... It uses these rubber pieces to hold the fan onto the heat sink. Would it be possible to mount a regular fan clip/mount onto the fan to anchor it onto the heat sink? And if so where can you buy replacement fan clips (not sure exactly what they're called.)

Thank you guys!

Last edited:
Which case do you have? Just curious how much space you have available. I'm sure that cooler would work fine, CM tends to make good air coolers. Check out the Hyper212+, as well, that is a great cooler, and I'm using one now.

Let us know what you come up with!

Back