• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master HAF 912 Owners - Cooling Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ensorcelled

Hi guys, first time posting here but I have been a longtime lurker! Anyway, I had a question on optimal air cooling for my case. I currently run the following fans;

x2 120mm Enermax Magma's Up Front (Intakes)
x1 200mm Coolermaster Up Top (Exhaust)
x1 120mm Coolermaster Case Fan on the Side (Intake)
x1 120mm Coolermaster Case Fan on the Rear (Exhaust)

Here's a poorly drawn diagram kinda showing how I'm setup currently; View attachment 121608

I'm running an i5-3570k Ivy Bridge and right now my temps under load (BF3 Ect) don't go above 72c on the stock cooler.

The main objective I'm wanting to accomplish is to switch out the stock CPU cooler with a Corsair H50 and I wanted to mount the Radiator on the rear 120mm. So, with how my case fans are currently setup, I was debating on mounting the Radiator as an intake so cool air directly contacts the radiator and basically leaving the top 200mm fan as the main exhaust.

Now with that being said, would I end up screwing myself over here by just leaving the 200mm as the only exhaust? I'm not sure which route to go here to be quite honest!

Any input/suggestions are greatly appreciated and again, great site! :thup:

The H50 is subpar. Look at the H80i as a minimum for AIO entry level watercooling.

The H50 is beat by cheaper less complicated air coolers. It also has a pretty high failure rate.

The H50 is subpar. Look at the H80i as a minimum for AIO entry level watercooling.

The H50 is beat by cheaper less complicated air coolers. It also has a pretty high failure rate.

Hmm...that's sad to hear unfortunately. I have been doing alot of thinking though, and I'm going to replace my side 120mm and rear 120mm that came with the case with 2 more magmas. Side will still be an intake and the rear will still be an exhaust. I'm thinking that will help out that much more with cooling the case.

So, I completely missed one of the stickies regarding airflow that a user has posted (Thanks, Awesome Guide!) and I've come to realize that my total Intake CFM is 182 and my Exhaust CFM is 154. Total difference between the two is ~28cfm. Now with that being said, I'm going to assume that I need to make up for that ~50cfm difference between intake/exhaust by getting another (side) case fan that has higher airflow to achieve that goal.

Thoughts on this? I'm debating on getting another magma for the side intake to accomplish this and just leave the stock coolermaster exhaust in the back. That would leave me at 53cfm's higher than exhaust.

So much scientific stuff behind simple airflow, I feel like im almost over thinking it too much! :bang head

Back