• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced (USB3)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FCBHDWorld

Hi all,

I am planning to buy 3 additional fans for my CM 690 case.
One for the top, one for the bottom and one for the left panel.

I am having problems with the bottom and left panel ones.
I dont know where the air must go :)
I mean how to put them to blow inside or outside the case?

I cant find that info in my user guide.

Thanks.

side and bottom, blow in, top blow out. This keeps positive pressure = no dust getting sucked into every crevasse. Also, gets cooler air from the bottom, and air directly on the major heat source of graphics cards from the side panel fan, enjoy. (search case airflow for future reference)

I've noticed something very interesting.
According to Cooler Master website - http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/cm-690-ii-advanced-usb3/

my front 140mm fans should perform at 1200 rpm as all other that came with the case. But my front fan is much slower. I can see the difference which means its huge :)
I tried to connect the front fan in every single way I know and still no difference in the RPM. What could have cause this?
Thanks!

check your fan control in the bios.... or just be thankful, 140mm fan @ +1200 would be loud and pretty pointless. (Don't needs +300CFM in and -300CFM out, lol) your computer volume is between 2-3 Cubic feet (for a big computer)... don't need to change the air in there 2 times a second ;)

Yeah, I think so, but I am curious what is the reason for this.
I cannot control this fan in the BIOS

check your fan control in the bios.... or just be thankful, 140mm fan @ +1200 would be loud and pretty pointless. (Don't needs +300CFM in and -300CFM out, lol) your computer volume is between 2-3 Cubic feet (for a big computer)... don't need to change the air in there 2 times a second ;)

It's actually pretty quiet at 1200rpm. (I have the same case and the stock fan.)

On mine I set the front, bottom, and side fans for intake and the top and back fans to exhaust.

I've got 3x 140mm + 3x 120mm (I mounted one in the 5.25" bay area) fans for intake, and 3x 120mm fans for exhaust. My setup is probably overkill, but I wanted to make sure I had enough cooling and airflow.

Last edited:
It's actually pretty quiet at 1200rpm. (I have the same case and the stock fan.)

On mine I set the front, bottom, and side fans for intake and the top and back fans to exhaust.

Yeah, its quite, but what about the back and top fans, they're running at least twice as fast RPM.
Maybe is a problem with my fan, I cant understand why this is happening when all the fans are 1200 rpm.

Back