• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Technial question : If you take a look at my case picture I posted earlier....If I add a fan on top, right above the heatsink fan, wouldnt that mean that it will be pulling the hot air and right before it leaves the case it will get sucked by the HSF ? Or is there any other possibility of interference between the two ? Top slots are pretty crowded dude to the HSF which takes a lot of space, but I could manage to put a fan to the right slot on top.

Last edited:
You can change the orientation of the 212 EVO, simply have it blowing air out the top. Hot air rises after all so it makes sense to do so.

You can change the orientation of the 212 EVO, simply have it blowing air out the top. Hot air rises after all so it makes sense to do so.

I was moving my HSF all around the place the whole week...can't say I want to move it again. But I'll think about it; Athough I don't think it would solve my problem as the rear exhaust fan is doing the same job as the top one would do. Seems unnecessary to me...

Don't worry then. I've space for two more top fans on mine, and the spare fans to do it. I don't bother as this would simply add a source of noise and I'm getting excellent temps already. I've 3x instake fans with just the 1x rear exhaust creative a positive pressure system which helps cut down on dust and noise. Push enough air in and it'll find the holes out, don't worry about it.

Don't worry then. I've space for two more top fans on mine, and the spare fans to do it. I don't bother as this would simply add a source of noise and I'm getting excellent temps already. I've 3x instake fans with just the 1x rear exhaust creative a positive pressure system which helps cut down on dust and noise. Push enough air in and it'll find the holes out, don't worry about it.

Well I have two wonderful 120mm blue led Coolermasters sitting on the table with no use so I may very well use them. Noise is not an issue unless it breaks ear drums ofc. The question is where should I put them and in which config. Double top exhaust, double top intake, 1 exhaust/1 intake (although that wouldnt work I guess as the pull fan would simply pull the hot air from the exhaust one)....so many options...

Personally I'd leave the top and rear vents empty and just populate 1x bottom intake, 1x front intake and 1x side intake. The top and rear air vents will take care of themselves as air case to exit the case somewhere. This will give you a positive air pressure case helping you cut down on dust collecting inside your case. It'll also be quieter.

From this review, as far as I can tell you case has space for 1x 80mm side vent, 1x 120mm front, 1x 120mm bottom, 1x 120mm rear and 2x 120mm top fan. I'd not bother with the top or rears.

For me, fan quantity and layout is dependent on the system I'm trying to build.

If noise is a non-factor and cooling is highest priority. I turn my case into a wind tunnel with as many fans as can possibly fit. There's not time for warm air to move (convect) anywhere nor is there any place for dust build-up. Any dust that is there is trapped on the intake dust filters.

For most of my PCs, noise is a huge concern for my ancient ears. I start with the bare minimum. Start with a super quiet PSU and fanless GPU. 1 intake fan, front bottom. 1 CPU fan. Stability test and monitor temp. If good I leave as is. If too hot then add another fan (side or top). Stability test and monitor temp again. Keep adding 1 fan at a time until proper balance between cooling, temp and noise is achieve. Of course the case, CPU (especially if OC), GPU and ambient air temp will affect this balance.

^^^ Lol, what are you running dude? Are you running some Delta 230CFM screamers or 260CFM Sanyo Denki's? I believe they've even got some 300CFM units? ;P Anyways, I prefer the 260CFM Sanyo Denki's with PWM control. Can spin as low as 500CFM which makes them a nice quiet choice most of the time, and you know they can ramp up to ridiculous levels if required.

Having said that, the OP is running a Thermaltake V3 case, these suckers don't have air filters so fan layout will help with that. Likewise, I've never seen an enormous increase in cooling performance by going with massive amounts of additional airflow. Cooling does improve, but not at the same rat that noise increases.

Lol, fair enough. Gentle Typhoons are nice fans, the price is pretty good on them too compared to Delta's or Sanyo Denki's. My computer doesn't need AC, but geez I wish I had it for my sake. Nothing worse than sitting there in summer in just your underwear to play computer games

Back