• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling a computer in enclosed space

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siml1

Just had a new wardrobe with an enclosure for my computer.
The computer is running very hot, with case temps getting to : 31C and GPU temps: 82C
The area around the computer seems very warm, and the surface of the case is warm to touch.]
I am currently using a desk fan to try and circulate the air. How can i cool it better?
1 intake on front, 1 intake on left side, exhaust on top and rear.

IMG_1369.JPG
Any help is appreciated :)
Thanks.

You're doing about all you can with it sitting in an enclosed space like pictured. Your best bet is to move it out of that slot and into a more open area so that the ambient room temps can help to alleviate your high system temps. Providing your ambient temps are reasonable.

You're doing about all you can with it sitting in an enclosed space like pictured. Your best bet is to move it out of that slot and into a more open area so that the ambient room temps can help to alleviate your high system temps. Providing your ambient temps are reasonable.
Agreed, what are your ambient temperatures?

Ambient is a very ambiguous term. 24c in the room or in the area your case is in? My guess is the area around case is hotter than that.

Cases are normally designed for intakes in front, bottom and side. If you can build duct / dividers separating the intake air from the heated exhaust your problem will probably be solved. But that is assuming the closet is well ventilated and the system cools well when it's not stuffed into that little box in the closet. ;)

How about attaching a 120mm fan to a similar diameter pipe. Put the pipe alongside the computer with the exhaust going out behind it?

Also make sure all intakes are at front.

Back