• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling a Ryzen 2700X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dudu_georgescu

Sorry for the noob question, I have been out of the market for some years :shock:

What do you guys recommend? Water cooling? Air cooling? And if yes, what after market option would be best.

Thanks!

George

P.S. I am looking for the best threaded performance rather than the best gaming performance.

Air Cooling Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power, Noctua NH-D15, ** Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme & Cryorig R1 Ultimate CR-R1A Dual Tower CPU Heatsink with 2xXF140 fans. The one with ** last two I would check for compatability. on AOL were they will be mainly on what you find looking good since Kraken, Corsair, EVGA etc.. will work fine. Custom water loop would be even nice like the EK Startup setup by them. Check EK site and buy the bundle all together to take the guess work out of the way. =) Good Luck!

I am sure others can shine on this question but honestly the 2700X really don't need much to keep it cooled. =)

Do you plan on overclocking it with all cores or stock? That would be good info to have to best help out. :)

what do you plan to do with your setup exactly?

If you got a good sized case, you can try AIO coolers as well. based on my own experience, i find that they do best when in an air conditioned environment. Otherwise, Air coolers would be your best bet.

Ambient temp is ambient temp bud. One doesnt perform better than the other with lower temperatures...

Overclocking has nothing to do with it. They perform the same way with lower ambients. Neither is better at a lower temp. :)

The included Wraith Prism cooler does an excellent job during stock operation of the 2700X, tested with P95 small fft. Will even allow a slight all core overclock (precision boost OD comes to mind)
It really depends on what the OP needs, "best threaded performance" is a bit vague. I also have a Noctua D15-SE can't get much better for air cooling but it's also expensive and won't give you much more headroom

Back