• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling + Mooding case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lIrenicuSl

Hello there, I'm using;
7700k oc: 4,8 ghz

My case is; SHarkoon bw9000

I decided to mod it a little bit, for reciving better airflow, here is what i did;

Oryginal Frontline panel is closed, and airflow is not so good, because there is not enough space for taking the air outside the case;
EJRBPO9.png

i decided to edit the front panel, and make an hole in it, so the 2x140mm fans can take air more easily, that is the result:
sRXDm45.png

On the top side of the case i monted ToDAy 2x1200mm Arctic f12 rev 2.

and here are the effects overall:

Aida 64 test; min- 72 max- 83
modded; min- 61 max - 77

My question is, How should i put those 2 fans of top of the case, should they be as 2x coolers getting air out of the case, or maybe 1 should take cooler IN the case and 2nd just get the heat out....?

Normally the front and bottom fans are intake and the top and back fans are exhausting.

I would avoid having one in and one out on the top. This would not promote good airflow through the case.

Last edited:
So i made verous of test and to be honest it dosent seem to be usefull even using them, i think i need one 140mm, wich is going to give me better performance if i will put it on cpu radiator...

results;

8oSe2oC.png

An 8-10C drop in GPU temperature is nothing to shake a stick at. Even the few degrees you gained on the cpu Are good. I'm sure if you looked at Mobo and VRM temps they dropped a well.

As for the cpu temp, what voltage are you running on that chip and is it delidded? Also what type of temperature variation are you seeing between your coolest core and your hottest core under load and what cooler are you using?

There is only so much you can do to cool a chip once you hit a certain voltage especially on these chips as the TIM under the ihs can be flaky. You may be at a point that without a delid you will not really see good temp improvements by adding fans.

I'm using;
7700k oc 4,8 ghz
1.235 Voltage

Not delidded.

Cooling; SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425 v2

I checked now, [on Sress] Core 1: 87oC, Core 4: 68oC

my idea is to change the cooler on radiator from this cooling setup, because in my opinion it has to low CFM, only 78.6

i wnated to put instead of it one of these 4 coolers:

Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 140mm [my favorite one, quiet and almost 100 CFM im really considering it]
BitFenix Spectre Pro LED (BFF-LPRO-14025W-RP)
Cooler Master MasterFan 140 AF (MFY-F4NN-08NMK-R1) [this one is laud]
Nzxt Aer P Series 140mm (RF-AP140-FP) [laud too]

Last edited:
Back