• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chug

Bare with me on the possibly silly questions...

If for example you had a top down type cooler, and rather than having one 120mm blowing directly down on the heatsink, you had 2 sat next to each other so that half of each fan is blowing on the heatsink and the other half is blowing on the board. Would this be equal, better, worse performance wise than the single fan? Assuming the same rpm.

Second question, I'm looking at the gelid aftermarket gpu cooler I have and thinking that looks exactly what I could do with for my case for the cpu. Lets say I could get that mounted nicely, or something similar possibly bigger, anyone want to take a stab at how that'd perform to say a Thermalright axp htpc jobbie?

Cheers

I would say it depends on the fin orientation....

I personally would try to find a 140mm fan with 120mm mounting holes(Noctua for example) and see if that would fit. It would mount much better and be much more efficient as well, not to mention quieter.

Back