• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling-setup in NZXT Switch 810

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oysti82

So I'm about to go pick up my new NZXT Switch 810.

I got a H70 wich I'm wondering if I should use as intake on the back ?

That would give me intake in the front, intake on the back, and exhaust on the top..?

Or just use the H70 as exhaust on the back ? That would give me intake in the front, exhaust in the back and top.

Also got some 120mm fans in addition to the original ones in the case, wich I could put whereever it would help

EXHAUST OUT the back is better. :)
you dont want warm air blowed in.

Fan Set up in a Case!

This would be you best solution! AJ. :thup: ;)

1, 2 X 120MM Front Intake cool air
2, 2 x 120 mm Top of case Exhaust hot air out.
3, H70 Exhaust out the Back 120 mm fan mounting.
4, Option 1 x 120 mm side door fan cool air into case over the GPU's cards.

Last edited:
Alright. That's how it'll be then.
Also got two internal fans blowing from bottom front(behind hdd-cage) to rear top.

Remember what you did with the HDD Cages last time! If you only have 1 HDD and 1 SSD You can use double side tape. And tape them to the bottom of the case i.e. HDD first then tape the SSD on top of it looks neat and tidy. Which will help with airflow front to back. AJ.

When it comes to the H70, and it's two fans.
What if I place one of the fans on the outside of the case ? Wich will give more "open space" inside the case over the northbridge heatsink.
If both fans are on the inside of the case, the radiator and it's fans just covers over the northbridge heatsink.
If I put one on the outside, will the case somehow obstruct the airflow through the radiator ? Or will it be the same as with both fans inside ?

Maybe this'll be easier to understand than my rambeling :)
Wich setup to use ? Or does it make any difference ?

Attachments

• 20130108_215507.jpg
    20130108_215507.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 478
  • 20130108_215657.jpg
    20130108_215657.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 991
Go for no 2 would be my vote here, but most of all no kinks in the rad pipes from the CPU to the Radiator, Just try like that and see what your temps are like, Open HWM at Stock first and look at the temps. Then 20 mins small FFT'S Prime95 and see how it goes? AJ.

The result:
Haven't put on the new cooler onto the 7970 yet, so might have to make something to support the card as it seems kinda heavy.

Also went for both H70-fans on the inside, as I would have to turn the cooler on the cpu for the tubes to be long enough. And the screws/backplate is a bit etchy, so don't wanna mess with it more than needed right now.

Intake: 2x 140mm front, 1x140mm bottom.
Exhaust: 3x 140mm top , H70 with 2x120mm back.

Attachments

• 20130109_000840.jpg
    20130109_000840.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 419
My temps. Max temps were from a quick test of Far Cry 3.

Cpu is overclocked to 4,5Ghz @ 1,4V.

Attachments

• Snap 2013-01-09 at 13.19.28.png
    Snap 2013-01-09 at 13.19.28.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 257
I would say that's a result and a nice neat finish as well, yes those big cards can be a bit heavy. AJ.

P.S. Those temps look really good, what a difference a case can make!

Last edited:
Tried removing the front-cover of the case, covering the 2 front fans.
Cpu-temps dropped 8c while playing Black Ops II. Though there is no filter in front of the fans then, and it doesn't look as good :) But might be helpfull when just playing around with OC :)

Can you explain that to me by removing the front cover covering the 2 front intake fans the temps drop by 8c ! AJ.

1, http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/gallery/reviews/1290211/nzxt-switch-810/161101

OK now i understand no front grill to let the airflow bummer that!

2, http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1677524

Now this is a Mod to the front cover on your case, now its up to you what you decide? But just looking at it and what you said you could possibly do this later on, as a humble suggestion!

Last edited:
Ye, this was actually my concern for the case when first looking at it.
But for everyday use, it's just fine as it is.
When I wanna try push it with some high clocks, I'll just remove the front.

But gonna see if I can come up with something like in your link there. But that's gonna have to be later.
Got a boat needing some cable-management now :D Thank god there is more room there :p

Hey sorry to rain on your day there, but still it looks great, maybe you could cut out 2 holes and just mesh it? But for now just relax and have some fun with it. AJ.

Back