• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling system dilemma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EPICBYTES

Registered
I faced with this dilemma...to cool my cpu and the whole case which I should choose;

1. a cooling system with THICKER radiator with one fan..

2. a cooling system with THINNER radiator with two fan in push/ pull confg

Which one will have better results with cooling the build?
oh by the way im running i5 4670k... so it has to work with LGA1150 socket

Last edited:
It's all depend on what you're cooling and how much rad you using, also the fan you use also play an importan role in this too.
Please be more specific, tell me what are you going to cool, what kind of rad are you going to use?, what kind of fan you will mount on that rad, how big is the rad?....
Another thing is your radiator have nothing to do with your CPU, the water block is.

Have you considered the FPI of the rad first? It matters more.

Head to martinsliquidlab.org. Too bad skinneelabs.com died.

Also, go to xtreme systems forums and search for bundymania reviews.

Become informed.................

The rad has no bearing on the block used on the setup, if that is what 4670 means,.

Not a lot of info there to help you.

Im trying to cool the CPU and the case, I plan to use kits such as H60, or something like that... Im thinking abut h60 with two fans in pull and push confg, or h80 with just one fan... just a concept... im asking that which one would do better job cooling the case and the cpu.
and I will look into your suggestions and become informed... the cooling issue is final thing to finalized for my build, then ill go ahead and order everything.

He's trying to fit this in a SG05, which is why space is an issue.

I don't think the H80 is going to fit even with one fan.

:bang head:bang head:bang headAnd a H60 is known to be lesser capable than good air cooling. Pretty much crap in the cooling world these days.

Why don't these folks tell the whole story and just us them help them? Spend 30 minutes making a smart post and making sure we have all the info first?

Are they lazy? Don't want to tell us the full story? Or like spending time posting again and again as we ask questions...:bang head:bang head:bang head

:bang head:bang head:bang headAnd a H60 is known to be lesser capable than good air cooling. Pretty much crap in the cooling world these days.

Why don't these folks tell the whole story and just us them help them? Spend 30 minutes making a smart post and making sure we have all the info first?

Are they lazy? Don't want to tell us the full story? Or like spending time posting again and again as we ask questions...:bang head:bang head:bang head

H60 is about the same as a Hyper212+...thing is that a 212+ won't even fit in that case. The H60 is actually probably the best performing cooler that will fit.

I decided to go with H60 paired with two high static pressure fans... did my research... thanks yall

Best of luck, two 38 mm thick 3000 RPM fans will make it pretty good, better that a $80 air cooler, but it doesn't come with earplugs.

You'll be back. Others did the same and went, "Oops, this isn't what I was hoping for".

Back