• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling temps? H80i GT i76700K OC 4.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Srit67

Hi everyone,

I'm running a z170 Pro gaming, i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2666, MSI GTX980Ti 6GB/2 SLI, Corsair RM850i.
Cooling the CPU I'm using the H80i GT and am finding it to be a bit under the task for OC, anything above 4.5 Ghz @ 1.34-1.36V without the temps going way high.
I'm posting two screen shots one of the Stress test at load using Real Bench and the other showing pretty much idle temps after running the bench mark 3times in a row in Real Bench v2.43.
Thanks for your opinions and comments.

Obviously the screen shot showing 4600 Ghz in HWmonitor is under load :)

Real bench stress 15min..png Real bench bench max mins 2.43.png

Seems right to me for that cooler, clockspeed and voltage... anyway, temps are fine. We say to keep that CPU under 90C when stress testing and you are under 90C. ;)

Also, use the regular Realtemp, not the GT. As you can see, the GT.exe is for Hex cores so there is extra, useless, space... ;)

Seems about right on the temps to me too, the H80i GT isn't the best out there by any means.

Seems right to me for that cooler, clockspeed and voltage... anyway, temps are fine. We say to keep that CPU under 90C when stress testing and you are under 90C. ;)

Also, use the regular Realtemp, not the GT. As you can see, the GT.exe is for Hex cores so there is extra, useless, space... ;)

Yeah I have been running the thing at all different voltages etc etc but I guess you can only get so much out of this thing.

Looks like I'm gonna have to run out and get the H100i.

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah thanks,

Well, you do not have much voltage headroom really, at least for daily driver clockspeeds. Most are hardpressed to notice a difference between 4.5 and 4.7Ghz outside of benchmarks. Not sure it is worth it (I know it wouldn't be for me).

Yeah I have been running the thing at all different voltages etc etc but I guess you can only get so much out of this thing.

Looks like I'm gonna have to run out and get the H100i.

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah thanks,

Before you go grab another "okay" AIO, look at the Swiftech and EKWB offerings.

Thanks, caught your message to late already went out and got the H115i. Gonna have a look anyhow thanks:)

Back