• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolIt FreezeZone CPU Cooler, are you ready to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ECH

Please pardon me if this has been posted but this soon to be release WC kit got my attention. It is called CoolIt FreezeZone CPU Cooler.

The Freezone CPU Cooler is the only liquid chilling solution that provides unsurpassed performance and uncompromising reliability. It is quiet, compact, easy to install, and affordable. CoolIT products do not use a radiator, but rather a patented technology called MTEC. By using MTEC technology, the liquid is actually refrigerated (using multiple TECSs or Peltiers) then used to cool even the hottest processors in today’s computing devices. The result is unparalleled overclockability, reduced system level noise and increased reliability. In addition to providing superior performance to water cooling, the CoolIT products are pre-plumbed, factory sealed and maintenance free allowing for very simple installation and worry-free. The FreezeZone is universally compatible with all current processors.

Why should you choose the Freezone CPU Cooler? Unlike water-cooling products, the Freezone does not use a radiator. Instead, it uses a proprietary ‘Chiller’ which incorporates multiple TECs (also called peltiers) to chill the liquid coolant. This increases thermal capacity and provides for faster heat absorption at the source.

Features

* Liquid cooling is simply much better than air when it comes to dissipating heat. So say goodbye to your old air-cooling fan.
* Great for Overclocking
* Easy to install and maintain.
* Provides quiet operation.
* Maintenance Free Operation
* Universal Compatibility
* Fits in a standard mid-tower case.

CoolIT is Supercool
The CoolIT system consistently reduces the temperature of vital components, such as the CPU, well below specified operating temperatures. This results in improved computer performance and reliable operation under any conditions.

Processor temperature is certain to remain low even when processor capacity has been maxed out and/or external ambient temperature is excessive. Moreover, testing has proven that processors will run very stable when voltage is increased beyond specification due to the significant headroom in temperature differential, which can be obtained with this cooling solution.

With the CoolIT system employed, high-end components function reliably in relatively smaller cases, including desktop and small form factor designs. The alternative is failure or damage from the heat generated within a confined space.

The CoolIT system efficiently dissipates heat away from vital components and exhausts the heat outside the case. This helps preserve other system components, such as the hard drive.

Specifications
CPU FHE (Fluid Heat Exchanger):

Design Monolithic copper, multi-cell, single channel
Dimension 42 x 42 x 17 mm
Weight 195g

TCM (Thermal Control Module):

Design Dual IC SMT PCB w/outboard IC sensor
Input 12VDC, 5VDC
Weight 89 x 53 mm
Function Thermal controller to adjust TEC and fan power output

Chiller and Pump Module:

Heatsink:
Design Dual dissipation plate, anodized alloy, laminar flow array
Dimension 89 x 53 mm
Weight 850g

TECs:
Design Six solid-state heat pump wafers
Dimension 40 x 40 x 3.5 mm (each)
Weight 20g (each)
Function Active coolant thermal reduction

Chiller FHE’s:
Design Dual anodized alloy distribution, multi-channel w/laminar flow
Dimension 121 x 41 x 12 mm (each)
Weight 80g (each)

Fan:
Noise 26dBA – 37dBA
Bearing Type Enhanced life ceramic
Life Cycle 50,000 hrs
Dimension 92 x 92 x 25 mm
Function Heatsink convection, chassis exhaust

Pump and Reservoir:
Design 12VDC coreless outrunner pump w/integrated expansion vessel
Bearings Dual in fluid sapphire bearings
Noise <15dBA
Life Cycle 50,000 hrs
Dimension 50 x 50 x 75 mm
Weight 360g

When I come down with alzheimers. Anybody who buys this thing either already has it or has too much money and no sense. Normal watercooling will kill that for half the price.

The only review I see is this:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-327-1.htm

and they are comparing it to this:

http://www.ninjalane.com/display.aspx?docname=aquamini

Let's see a comparison against a Storm or a TDX. Both of those would kill this.

On low, the CPU was hitting 71c! At an ambient temp of 17c, it was still idling at 27c on high. I don't have a Preshott, but if I ever let my ambient get to 17c, I'd be at 22c.

Last edited:
HA! Over my dead body!

---

Sorry but seriously that thing looks cheap and cheap has this odd tendency to leak onto much more expensive parts

It's the middle ground. Water will do great for half the price, but for 50% more money and you're closer to phase. Most pre-built kits like this aren't any good anyways. I'd want to see a quality review before I'd consider buying it.

Any judgements about `looks' should be taken as a grain of salt, my WC kit 'looks' pretty simple and yet it's vERY effective.
A famous quote- "Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

Last edited:
REVIEW
photo1
photo2
photo3
Freezone unit weighs in at over 1,500g from this review
results
Home Page

delta from idle to full load (prime95 & super pI) brings the 3.6 to a whopping 70C (I get 70C @ 4.2 on air) on air...no matter what you use. This device idles at 27C and increases to 44C with prime/SPI. No OCing was performed. Problems appears to be:
-more coolant needed
-a fan with a better CFM.

Back