• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copper Ninja

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuroimaho

Scythe already showed off their copper ninja and it seems finally it arrives to the stores before the end of the year. Basically it is the same as the ninja rev B except for the material used, it weighs in with 1015g.LINK

Wonder how much that copper matters besides weight.

Seems someone already benched it, even the Infinity beats it. LINK

ninja-cu400.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt it makes that much differemce, should obviously out perform the alu one.

1kg is a lot of weight for a heatsink, definately needs a back plate.

Dam looks nice, but alot of weight. That's the kind of sink you bolt on the board and leave it alone. If by accident your case tips over, I can only imagine the damage it will cause :eek:.

I'll agree with Sam__, those numbers are not impressive at all. Especially for a copper sink such as this that should've done better. What a waste, tsk tsk.

Wonder how it performs fanless compared to the previous rev?

probably worse actually, copper being more dense holds heat more unlike aluminum which is alot less dense and can disipate heat faster (this all becomes different with more than convection for airflow) thus the aluminum fined one would probably be better for a truely passive system.

Did they make this heavy one a bolt on or does it still have those flimsy pushpins for the 775 cpu's?

Nice one Kuro, I do like the new pipe layout. I've got 3 Ninjas, 1 Mini for my Phenom and a Katana for a 4600. Best sinks for the buck IMO.

Back