• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cordless mx duo - keyboard lag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sillyguy

Registered
hm i'm not sure if any experts here use cordless stuff at all... but here goes

whenever i type fast on the keyboard of my mx duo, the characters need like an extra second to catch up appearing on screen. i've done lots of basic trouble shooting like changing batteries, isolating the devices, got new drivers, changed wireless channels, etc... and ultimately exchanged for a new unit! the keyboard still lags :bang head :bang head :bang head

any ideas about this?

-Superman said:
its wireless, so the resolution of the device isnt as fast. just like the mouse.
I dont know where you got this info, but the mx700's resolution is just as big and fast as its corded cousin.
I wish i knew what was causing the lag. Maybe updating your usb drivers? Or how about trying the usb to ps/2 adapter.

MX700
Specifications: Image Processing: 4.7 megapixels/sec. Resolution: 800 dpi. Acceleration: 10g. Speed: 40 inches/sec.

MX 510
Specifications: Image Processing: 5.8 megapixels/sec. Resolution: 800 dpi. Acceleration: 15g. Speed: 40 inches/sec.

every once in a blue moon my keyboard or mouse will lag for a second or two, but nothing as constant as it sounds for you... is it hooked up to the usb or ps2?

-Superman said:
MX700
Specifications: Image Processing: 4.7 megapixels/sec. Resolution: 800 dpi. Acceleration: 10g. Speed: 40 inches/sec.

MX 510
Specifications: Image Processing: 5.8 megapixels/sec. Resolution: 800 dpi. Acceleration: 15g. Speed: 40 inches/sec.

The mx510 is a new mouse. It has a faster engine than the mx700 and mx500. You want to look at the mx500. The mx500 is the corded brother of the mx700

MX™ Optical Engine Maximum Performance Specifications

* Image Processing: 4.7 megapixels/sec
* Resolution: 800 dpi
* Acceleration: 10g
* Speed: 40 inches/sec

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3,contentid=4998,detail=2

Agent_Mull said:
The mx510 is a new mouse. It has a faster engine than the mx700 and mx500. You want to look at the mx500. The mx500 is the corded brother of the mx700

Yep, and the difference between the two engines should not cause this large a problem.

As for the keyboard, it is a bit strange, as when I used my Logitech Wireless, I noticed a slight lag as well, but not to this extent. Have you changing the position of the receiver? I occasionally had problems with my older model when the receiver was in an poor location, and moving it around fixed the problem.

yes i tried isolating the receiver and keyboard with various displacements...

actually it's not a huge lag. in normal typing i don't really notice it. but when i need to catch up with chats i just find the lag quite annoying. many people say the mx duo is the greatest wireless set ever made with no lag whatsoever, but well :eh?: now i have experience in 2 units and they both have the same lag... i'm wondering if other mx duo users have the same experience.

if you use mx duo, try this: open up notepad and type some random afdfsafdsfsa real quickly, see if the characters appear on screen instantly.

hm... normally i only type at about 60wpm (not during the notepad test) but i still experience some lag. maybe i should look around my room for interference :-/

sounds like the keyboard input is being buffered.

tried copy pasting text and see if that works fine.

try a corded keyboard and see if that works.
try uninstalling logitech drives... I bet that will work...

(1000 postes for me today)

germanjulian said:
sounds like the keyboard input is being buffered.

tried copy pasting text and see if that works fine.

try a corded keyboard and see if that works.
try uninstalling logitech drives... I bet that will work...

(1000 postes for me today)

1) what do you mean copy and pasting? can you explain the process that i should perform?

2) tried. corded keyboard does NOT lag

3) interesting.. maybe i should try that. but then again i need the shortcut keys :(. owell i'll give it a try anyway

the keyboard almost needs a line to site position. when i had my keyboard too close to the monitor it would lag a lot try to move it back some and try moving the reciever a little so it can connect better.

amanojyaku said:
the keyboard almost needs a line to site position. when i had my keyboard too close to the monitor it would lag a lot try to move it back some and try moving the reciever a little so it can connect better.

do you mean "line of sight"? no there isn't any obstruction between the keyboard and the receiver. and yes i have tried varying the distance between the two. but didn't help...

btw, uninstalling drivers didn't help either...

contact logitech. there help and support is good. also show them this thread so you dont have to tell them all the things you have tried.

I still dont understand why anyone would want a cordless keyboard on their computer if they dont use it as a TV or something....

Back