• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I buy the recently discontinued Logitech MX Duo or the new LX700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonEapples

For around the same price I can pick up one of these cordless keyboard/mouse combos. I read everywhere about the MX duo being great for gaming, which I like but I'm worried that Logitech will slowly stop putting out software updates for it. Already on the Logitech site the latest software update doesn't even have compatability with the latest itunes, musicmatch, ect., and I also want a good combo for media I have now and in the future so I think about the new LX700, but it doesn't have the awesome MX mouse. :bang head Do you think the MX Duo would be a smart buy now that it's been dicontinued? I currently use a corded keyboard and a standard Logitech cordless optical mouse, so either one of these would be an upgrade, but I'm looking for a $75 or below price range. How important are the software updates for the MX Duo? Are they even necessary?

I'd do the duo, I own it, its an amazing combo, I've seen the LX, never used it, but it looks vastly inferior to the duo (IMO).

I use the latest version of iTunes all the time, I can't see how its incompatible.

Go for the duo, or save up and get that new combo with the mx1000, thats what I'd do if I had the money, cause the mx1000 is awesome.

I hate you :p I have the mx duo and love it but that is so tempting :x

MX duo works fine with itunes and any app I've used. Great combo, and I would definately get it no questions asked above the LX, but only get it if you can't afford the new duo.

Thanks for the input everyone. I ordered the MX Duo(w/MX700) from XPCGear.com for $62.99, get 'em while they're still around! It's funny after reading the friendly discussion :argue: in the "Where do you buy your hardware?" thread, but I saw the new MX Duo(MX3100) at the local CompUSA, in stock, for $129 after rebate. But I got to stick to what buget I set for a KB/mouse combo, I may be picking up a Venice soon. :)

Last edited:
They have the new MX Duo in stock already? Man, I gotta get to CompUSA. That new MX Due looks sweet. I'm currently using MX700 Duo.

Back