• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

core i5 @ ~90 - 100c, Please help me find solution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes you can do that no problem, but it is wasteful to just install a reservoir without upgrading the radiator.

yeah. after seeing that I was confused how a res could reduce temps that much....it would obviously reduce them some, due to a greater amount of water volume and the amount sitting off of heat, but not 23c.

*EDIT*

Is there a way to chill the water in the loop?

http://www.amazon.com/CoolWorks-Ice...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1310763942&sr=1-2

something like that? maybe a lot cheaper?

Treepop, sub ambient cooling is a fully different animal. And the wattage you need to chill the water is a LOT LOT more than you think. You also need to cover the mobo with coating and fill the CPU socket with dieletric grease etc etc. Condensation on the block and hoses does happen.

Adding a res and more water will make ZERO difference unless you add more cooling area that is effective. Like a radiator.

You got an H50. When you can afford it you can buy a real watercooling setup. The only mod worth the touble on the H50 is push/pull fans at high speed. There isn't a lot you can do. Enjoy your first WC thing, you can do more later.

Back