• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i7 Proto Board; GigaByte x58

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
True .. But then I've never liked Gigabyte boards ..

Nice to hear the board & platform does well sub-zero although I'm not real keen on the close proximity of the caps/socket.

Me either .. Its all thanks to the 2 extra RAM slots .. I think the board size could do with being increased really .. What pot would you say that is? I'd say its an F1 .. and if it is then atleast it'll mean we won't have to get new pots

Hate it when they set the SB near the PCIE slots. Makes it hard, or impossible, to water cool it. Maybe the SBs will be cooler on the X58s --- I hope.

I like the colors of the Gigabyte. Guess I'm the minority there. But fans of Gigabyte will be happy that they still have that sick clown hanging around.
That asus is sexy as hell though.

How much are these things going to cost I wonder??? Anyone know?

I think I'll get a setup similar to that 2x 4870X2 + x58 board with that extra $1500 bucks I just have laying around. Phhhfft. My X48T will suit just fine for a while.

why they have pci 4 on that board, beats me, who is gonna buy that and not get newest gpu's??

why not?

Sound cards
Raid Cards
NIC cards

they donit need 16x or 8x 4x is fine, also there are only SO Many lanes that PCIe has.

they have 4 16x PCIe slots
they have 2 4x PCIe slots

why not?

Sound cards
Raid Cards
NIC cards

they donit need 16x or 8x 4x is fine, also there are only SO Many lanes that PCIe has.

they have 4 16x PCIe slots
they have 2 4x PCIe slots

woops, my bad!!

i forgot about sound cards and raid cars, and have no clue what Nic cards are!!

What are they??

Back