• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core speed fluctuating [Maximus Hero XI]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RAA

Disabled Turbo and C states, also running in performance power plan. It fluctuates up and down a few MHz in CPU-Z, I want to it to stay rock stable but I can't find an option in the Maximus Hero XI bios to stop it fluctuating. Read it can be CPU Spread Spectrum but there's no option for it in this bios. Any ideas much appreciated as I'm considering replacing the mobo, I'm 99% sure these small fluctuations cause small stutters in games as my previous system was locked at 4.4GHz and never stuttered.

That fluctuation is quite normal, one thing I have done is just raise or lower the BCLK from 100 just one tick in either direction, this can help so 100.1 or 99.9

Spread spectrum and normal behavior. This increases stability at stock as it minimizes any emi effects. You buy another board it will do the same, but may the option to disablen(but again not needed).

Back