• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Correct Peltier setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

parallax

I'd want to upgrade my aircooling to a water-cooled peltier (I've had watercooling before so I have some experience with it). I've been looking at some prices and came up with this, and would like to know if it's a good setup or if I should improve/change something

- DangerDen Maze4-1 w/ 169w potted peltier
- Neoprene in all shapes and sizes, conformal coating, dielectric grease
- Black Ice Extreme w/ 90CFM 120mm fan
- Hydor L30 (1200l/h)
- 1/2" tubing
- 5.25" bay reservoir

some questions I have too: my PSU is an enermax 460w with 35A on the 12V line, will it be able to handle the 169w pelt and the whole system? (p4 [email protected], cdrom, cdrw, 1 hd, 9800pro)
another q: will I be able to put a waterblock on the vidcard or will it heat up the water too much?

thanks in advance

The PSU can take it, and the VC block won't heat the water by any easily measurable amount.

AngryAlpaca said:
The PSU can take it, and the VC block won't heat the water by any easily measurable amount.

i agree except when dealing with peltiers i find it helps to run a second radiator to help cool that H20 off get that extra few degs of the peltier under full load

well in my case a 226w peltier only performed a tad better that the 130w peltier , but my water in the res is hot
got Black Ice Extreme II - on order takes 2 120mm fans
then i should see the benifits of the 226 tec over the 130 tec

Last edited:
Back