• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Corsair 750 and H110 Hydro series cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KmpressorX

I just wanted to get the community's opinion on this topic.

So i just built a Haswell Gaming rig and the temps are good but i want to make sure the airflow in the case is configured correctly. I have the H110 pulling air in, as recommended by the manufacturer and the two front fans pulling air in and the one exhaust fan. Not sure if this is ideal. Just wanted to hear from all of you guys. this is my first rig i plan to overclock.

If you have anymore questions please ask but your help is appreciated:attn:.

Yep, that setup is pretty much ideal! Positive air pressure (more intake than exhaust) is a good way to prevent dust from staying in your case. As far as the direction on the radiator, it is theoretically more effective to pull air from the outside of the case through the radiator like you have. This is because the air is fresh vs having already gone through the gpu or other components that heat up the air. However, delta T in the liquid will not be very noticeable.The only way to improve liquid cooling performance dramatically is by increasing rad space or the rate at which air is pushed through the radiators. So if you wanted to get more cooling for a strong overclock, configure it as push pull (Two fans on one side pushing air through and two on the other side pulling air through) or go for a custom loop with more rads :) Altogether though, you should still be able to get a nice overclock with the standard fans on the AIO.

Temps arent bad. Unfortunately i cant seem to get my rig past 4.2Ghz, passes P95 without a problem at temps maxing out at 75c.

I have been trying to get it to 4.6 but BSOD shortly after P95 starts. I cant even get it to 4.3.

But i guess that is a post for a differnt area of the forum.

As far as the fan setup is concerned i am actually running only 1 of the front fans. I ran out of 4pin on the board. I'll be running a mullex to 3pin for the H110 pump. That should free up a port for the front fan.

If you're running the H110 at the top of the case. I'd run it exhaust..

Then populate the front fan slots and reverse the rear fan. So you've got that intake, with the h110 as exhaust. Having top fans as intake has always put me off personally.

I really dont mind having positive air pressure in my case. As long as it stays cools in there. I understand that having cool air coming in and then exhausting it up and out is great for keep temps down but wont that ultimately effect my CPU temps? Theoretically, the air passing through the rad is would be hotter then the air outside the case wouldn't it.

Im a fan of airFLOW. And with the top blowing in and the front blowing in with only one exhaust, is not good FLOW.

While it is correct that the coolest intake air will yield the coolest temperatures, we need to step back and look at the big picture a bit. Do you really NEED that extra 2-4C? I mean what is that going to get you really (hint, nothing)? I would just leave the front/sides as intake and top/rear as exhaust to keep all things inside cool. If it is left as it though, it will not hurt anything.

Thanks all. You have put all my concerns to rest.

Now time to figure out why my processor is being such a pain to clock. I'm sure its me.
Thanks again all

Also, depending on the case and filter positions, I would use the filtered fan ports as intakes and others as exhaust. It all depends on the configuration of your case. Try keeping the dust out helps.

Back